dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Learn from my mistake,,the crocheting nightmare aka interlocking

Chevelle Trant
@chevelle-trant
12 years ago
33 posts

Hey everyone,

I havent been on here in a very long time due to the stress of my current court situation with my children. Thats another post alltogether though. I wanted to share some dreadie knowledge with you. A few years ago my dreads were fuzzy and unruly up top. It seemed nothing was helping to tighten them. A friend took a few of them and : fishhooked:: them. BAD MOVE.. At first it worked, they tightened all the way up to the root. Now that theyre grown out another foot i have these wonderful HOLES in my dreads that were hooked. Hooking involes flipping your dread through a hole made at your roots and pulling it through, DO NOT DO THIS.. your dreads will never be able to fill in and knot. My dreads are still growing, but the few that were fishhooked will be shortened by the process because I will soon lose the sections that have holes in them. I can literally stick my finger directly through the dreads. I will post photos soon to show you, but please, if you care about your hair do not attempt this method.

updated by @chevelle-trant: 02/14/15 11:28:24AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats interlocking not crocheting but both were very bad ideas god im sorry i love your dreads (and you)

i had in the past warned u about crochet i dunno wgho got the bright idea to interlock u too

you know,.you should know at least..that leaving them alone is the best thing to do..wash..and seperate and nothing else

poking hole s in them with a crochet hook wasnt good either

you are 1 of the most natural people i know i think if a rattle snake crawk[led into bed with you youd cuddle with it to keep it warm

why someone as natural as you would do anything unatural to your dreads is beyond me

keep this in mind as a permenant lesson from now on...and call me dammit

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I never dealt with interlocking the roots but will putting a temp wrap on them help them "fuse" back together maybe? Like, on the actual dread and overlapping the bottom of the undreaded hole for about an inch or 2?

ladyofthekastle
@ladyofthekastle
12 years ago
18 posts

Unfortunately I did this to my hair. I'm just glad that I got worried and read about it now. :] I hope to just be patient enough to leave them all alone. I hope that things even out for you.

Chevelle Trant
@chevelle-trant
12 years ago
33 posts

I had the interlocking done when they were still waaaay short so at least the giant looped holes are at the tips so im not too worried about losing a few inches on some of my dreads. Especially since they're about three feet long now. I would be devastated if they were gonna make me lose more though. oh yeah,, and I will call you as soon as kyle remembers to eave me the damn phone. He's forgetful

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

unplug his videogames till he leaves the phone with u..hes not forgetful hes a vidiot

as soon as the x box comes on the rest of the world ceases to exist and all brain function ends

ps..i am going to the gathering..wish u were too

wont be the same without ya

--
Melissa3
@melissa3
12 years ago
29 posts

i had mine interlocked. shot after they basically fell appart. if i just wash my hair everyother day and let it be willl it dread up im at a point where i feel like my hair just looks like wild loose hairs.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it will just sdread uo ]p if u leave it alone and be patient why would u have it interlockedthat was a real bad idea
u got to leave it alone let it dread all dreading happens by leaving it alone not by forcing it

--
Lenore Osorio
@lenore-osorio
12 years ago
6 posts

yes the same thing happen to me had my dreads profesinally done an they did that root flippin it was about 10 months ago, i wrote to soaring eagle he told me leave them be or put a wrap on them , well i did that an thankgod the holes filled in , never ever again ,i dont let anyone touch my dreads an i dont either , i hope yr holes will fill in , iam sure they will if you just leave them or put a wrap on them, well good luck to you !!

Luca Pristed
@luca-pristed
12 years ago
13 posts

How does that "Wrap" thingy work? I would like to try it with mine aswell, there are holes in them and they feel very loose.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form