Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Initial T&R tightness

superstrut
@superstrut
12 years ago
7 posts
I lurk here all the time, and I am really glad I found this place. I had purchased Mr. Clean's kit but after realizing everyone here wasn't just elitist and stuck-up but rather all about great, healthy dreads I t&red my hair instead of backcombing. I tried the wax on a couple dreads in the back anyway (I can't believe how gross they made them feel). I successfully got the wax out of those.Reason for post: it's been 1.5 months and for the most part I think I t&red a little too tight being paranoid about them coming out, but the one in the back (one of the first I did) where it wasn't quite so tight, the one I was super worried about, is the one that seems to be matting/dreading the fastest. That's really it.So: Don't t&r your hair too tight! They can't move, and that's what they need! The loose one is now a loopy goodness!Thanks for all the wonderful info here!Strut
updated by @superstrut: 01/13/15 09:19:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

To so if you t&r looser they do dread faster. The best is to have them just tight enough to hold together. But be able to move.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AnitaDR04
@anitadr04
10 years ago
1 posts
Will the dread "fix" itself over time if you accidentally T&R your hair tight but not to the point of stiffness?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

doesnt need "fixing" just might dread lil slower

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts

I just recently brushed out some of the ends of my year old TnRs for this exact reason.. they were done wayyy to tight and werent progressing as my natural ones were. Hope everything is still going well for you! :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form