Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

deciding between tnr and neglect

Jenna Covington
@jenna-covington
13 years ago
11 posts

For those trying to decide between these two methods, this is my opinion....

When deciding which to do, there may be many factors.

1. speed - If your main concern is getting dreads, and getting dreads fast, you may lean towards tnr. then again, the dreading process is about patience! With the neglect method, its a beautiful thing to enjoy every stage you go through, watching your hair change every day and become more intertwined, most of all letting the love grow for your dreadies as they progress. Make sure you want them for the right reasons! if speed and the look is all you are going for, research some more on the natural journey! it is very rewarding and spiritual.

2. looks - tnr may be the choice for you if you decide to keep it on the conservative side. but..., fyi, once they start to mature, they are just as prone to loopies and twists!

SO.., ive had my dreads for almost four months. I started with tnr, and got to 28 on the underneath layer of my head. after this, i was pretty hesitant to plunge into all of my hair, so i decided to wait! while waiting, and not combing, i realized the top layers of my hair was separating and dreading its self! after three months of watching my twist n rip vs neglect dreads, the neglect dreads are so beautiful! they are so smooth and look so healthy compared to the twist n rip, not to mention, the way my hair sectioned itself looked way better than the dreads i sectioned off.

now i have decided to start over. I want all natural dreadies! i combed half of them out in three days, its a super meticulous process, but im so excited to let them do their thing :]

if looking for advice on making your decision, i suggest letting nature take its course! throw away the comb, and enjoy what happens. its a beautiful thing :]

much love.

updated by @jenna-covington: 01/13/15 09:15:13PM
Troy FootsoulJah Leavy
@troy-footsouljah-leavy
13 years ago
21 posts

"getting dreads fast" Just seems not right to me, if ive learned one thing from dreads is patience 6 months of waiting and babys are popping up all over it is so lovely to be expereincing

Jenna Covington
@jenna-covington
13 years ago
11 posts

i know! its so exciting and makes me love my neglect dreads that much more. the all natural aspect of them is very refreshing.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

some of the people i know who feel the most connected to theirs took the longes t to dread they truly feel like they earned them by taking the slow way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jenna Covington
@jenna-covington
13 years ago
11 posts

i could feel my love growing for my natural dreads. thats why i decided to start new with all my hair so i can have many locks of love. im so very excited :] thank you se, without this site, i feel i would be lost in this journey...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form