Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Twist and Rip your own head

Neil
@neil
13 years ago
21 posts

Hey there everyone. I have decided I am going to attempt to twist and rip my own head. This will be my first attempt at starting dreadlocks. As much as I would like to go all natural with being in business school and all I think this approach is the best one for me. I have 3-6 in hair that is super straight. Does anyone any words of advice? I feel like the back of my head is going to be hard to section as I have never tried before.

Thanks!

updated by @neil: 02/14/15 09:15:15AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can get help from a freind for the back but u should watch what they do with mirrors but many ppl did their own its not too hard

the more u randomize the better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Neil
@neil
13 years ago
21 posts

I just finished doing them myself. Sticking straight up looking crazy at the moment.

Rachel Guthrie
@rachel-guthrie
13 years ago
36 posts

i did mine myself too!

jillian decarlo
@jillian-decarlo
13 years ago
4 posts
i did mine myself....i love them...and all random...back of head is hard but just take your time and be patient.:)
Jenna Covington
@jenna-covington
13 years ago
11 posts

they'll look awesome! im not sure it this is for all tnr dreads, but if you make too big of sections, you will eventually get some buck wild loops. my larger ones are nuts, i love them, but they are not really conservative. at all. the smaller i have, the less loopy they are. thats all the advice ive got. j

happy trails!

Neil
@neil
13 years ago
21 posts

Well my hair seems to have laid down a bit after wearing a hat most of the day at class. When is the first time I should wash it?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

whenever u want to 1-3 times a week if u wanna wash wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kayla
@kayla
13 years ago
5 posts

i just did my own with no help but i also did them very randomly which i actually think looks a lot better

the only part that was hard for me was how tired my arms got, i didnt use conditioner for a few washes before and my hair was still super silky which just ment more time all together it took me 2 days (my arms were so tired i needed some good breaks) the good thing is that if your unsure about the back after they can be taken out fairly easy when they are new and redone (i had a big gap in the back of my head and had to make the 2 dreads in that spot into 4)

Neil
@neil
13 years ago
21 posts

I feel you on the arms thing! I did mine in about 4 hours. The back isdefinitelynot as tight but I think they should tighten up on their own! How often do you wash them?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form