Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP!! Super gross & nasty! :/

spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts

I've been allowing my hair to naturally lock up, what i do is wash with baking soda and acv rinse every 3 days andseparate..Now my hair is knotting up and a NASTY 'mud-like' substance is building up, when i touch my hair or run my fingers through my hair the 'mud-like' substance gets on my fingers. Once this 'gunk-junk' is on my fingers i can rub my fingers together and it will roll up & fall off my fingers..I say 'mud-like' because it's dark colored, sticks onto my fingers and can be rubbed off my fingers, when i also touch the back of my head i can almost feel the difference in my hair texture because of this substance!!! I am freaking out and worried having neglect hair style is causing hair problems...PLEASE any help and info is greatly appreciated.. I have not used any chemicals besides washing with baking soda and acv rinse..

updated by @spiritbeing: 01/13/15 09:06:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

do u live in a city?

sounds like the buildup grime i always got in the city its a combo of polutants and bel,ieve it or not ..tire rubber all the hundreds of thousands or evemnjn millions of gcars on the road in the city cause enough tire rubber to come off in the air to coat everythin g with that stu=icky gross grime

if thats not it then try switching shampoos awhile see if that helps or adding oils to the bs

try a clarifying shampoo to remove it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts

yes se, that may be it!! Why kind of clarifying shampoos do you recommend? what oils do you suggest to rid of this gunk junk build up/? Thank you soo much for your help! Your a hair saver :P take care & peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i moved out of the city haha i dunno if the oils wuld really remove it

try nutragena daily clarifying or suave clarifying see how that works out for ya anything like bronners or mayless should do it too but those def should

i had that too it was nasty and under my beard coated my chest and everything..yuck

took me afges to figure out it was just the grime in the cirty and tire rubber and crap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

most likely the build up is from your water. a clarifying shampoo would be a good idea.

spirit~being~☮
@spiritbeing
13 years ago
37 posts

Thank you heather & SE!! I will deff.. be on the look out for clarifying shampoo and if I can not find any i will have to order some..I need to find a solution to this problem, its horrible experience to say the least :( thanks again and hope the change of shampoo works, seems like a good idea..Im gonna look for nutragena*however you spell it and or giovanni tea tree triple treat shampoo* seems like it'd work well...have a great & safe weekend everyone:)

Jesse Parker
@jesse-parker
13 years ago
57 posts
Would something like Garnier Fructise or howver clarifying shampoo work?
Brian Matthew Cruz
@brian-matthew-cruz
13 years ago
1 posts

I am not sure if it will help for you or not. I was only using a baking soda rinse for my locks for a while and recently SE suggested I use sea salt also. It worked wonders. I had the same issue with my locks. I was also having huge issues with scalp build up. After two rinses of baking soda and sea salt my problems were solved. The first time I could not believe how much dirt came from my locks. I think the dirt that muddled the water when I washed my lockswas actually that NASTY grime you speak of, only the rinse dissolved it from mty dreadies. Best of luck on your journey! Hope this helps :) Take care Spirit!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form