Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wool Roving

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they have no right thats descrimination im not talking vets im talking ppl hospitols u just gotta stand up for your rights

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/19/15 02:47:37AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ask for the polocy in writting it must specificly say no dreadlocks and then you still have the right to appeal on grounds of religios or spiritual beliefs and if they did dare fire you you can sue ..they cant even make you cut them in jail and ppl havefought for the rights to keep dreads in military too

--
Hannah Clarke
@hannah-clarke
13 years ago
29 posts
Aww right, nevermind :) sorry I couldn't help! I hope you find your way, there's always so much info out there never know which one is the best. I'm not in a stable job so I'm constantly worrying about whether my dreads will hold me back, but if they don't like them, they don't screw 'em, but I don't have dependants. Good luck with your search Koopa!
KoopaLove
@koopalove
13 years ago
8 posts
yeah when i asked to see where it said that in the employee packet they told me it fell under "disruptive hair styles" and cleanliness issues. They then proceeded to write me up for defiance. They werent the greatest hospital in the world but enjoyed my job and didnt take it any further. Idk im really on the border of temp or natural.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it does not fall under disruptive hairstyles unless its specified schools tend to have that same clause but dreads have been acceptrd because they have spiritual significance so cannot be desciminated against plus you can combat the heigein clause with simple facts ..dreads do get washed regularly.. so hygene is not an issue

instead of going natural do twist n rip so u havelil more control over the appearance and prepare a written statement of your personal spiritual desires for dreads and your cleaning routine as well as a tatement of what you are and are not willing to do to compromise

--
KoopaLove
@koopalove
13 years ago
8 posts

Thanks!

KoopaLove
@koopalove
13 years ago
8 posts
Well that would have def been helpful while i was there but now the issue is with the interview process. People still have theyre hang ups on dreads and even thought they cant put it on paper that they didnt hire me because of the dreads doesnt mean that isnt the real reason.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
for every 1 thats got a hangup with dreads 10 will admire or at least accept them.. the number that will descriminate is low about the same as the ones who wont hire you if your overweight dont shave dont have big breasts are female ..etc etc etc ..if theyre gonna descriminate theyre gonna descriminate ..could be your religuion age sex height nationality weight hair makeup anything..

--
KoopaLove
@koopalove
13 years ago
8 posts
touche. just looks like a personal choice i have to deal with on my own then.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form