Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Speeding Up Natural DreadLocks Creation Theory

Brian Joyce
@brian-joyce
13 years ago
18 posts

Don't ask me why I don't try this out myself -- my life is complicated by lack of financial resources which puts ten steps extra between anything I have a mind to do. And if I may diverge, that's ok, because my poverty hasn't led me to create anything toxic upon the planet. But to get back to The Theory of Natural Dread Speed Up, may I suggest THE WIND. I'm looking forward to getting into some mountain winds this spring. And I'm hypothesizin' that the wind is going to contribute quite a bit to tangling. The "at home method" might be to sit in front of a hair blower for a while. But watch out for the carbon footprint on your dreads ! I want to mention that bicycling has done nothing to further my theory. I think the bike helmet is the inhibitor. But I'll know for sure when I get in the wilds.

updated by @brian-joyce: 02/14/15 03:49:26AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i think mountains in general getting out into the woods

getting into nature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brian Joyce
@brian-joyce
13 years ago
18 posts
It's kind of funny. I've spent A LOT of my life outdoors. But like any "civilized" American I tend to avoid the weather. And much of my outdoors has been on the somewhat weather tame East Coast. But I have "ancient" memories of days spent in the Rockies and suffering from the tangles. If I'd only had the Wisdom of Soaring Eagle I would have known then not to worry. And I'd have all those dear memories down around my knees.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
avoiding the weather? haha when i was i think 15 maybe 13 i swore to never touch an unbrella again i always laugh when i see people huddled under thenm hiding from the lightest drizzle like it will make them melt (well now that the rains radioactive i may change my mind) i always felt when it rained it was time to lift your head feel refreshed ..and dance in the rain

--
Brian Joyce
@brian-joyce
13 years ago
18 posts

I'm with you on umbrellas. Being a homeless scavenger I always needed both hands when outdoors. Furthermore, umbrellas are usually made of cheap unrecyclable material. I've tried to come up with a purpose for old umbrellas and haven't found one yet. The fabric is sometimes ok.

FYI. Being out in the rain with nowhere to go is just about the most hopeless feeling. Snow is much better to be out in. Rain is the worst.

For many years I'd just stay under a bridge, a doorway, a building overhang. Then, I started tenting. I'm attaching a photo of my year 2000 tent on the very western end of Cambridge just beyond the big bend in the river. I could hang out here indefinitely until I got hungry or thirsty.

I'm indoors now. But my situation, even when indoors, always seems to be on the doorstep and on the verge of moving back out which I'm almost certain to do if not in the spring then probably the summer.

updated by @brian-joyce: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you tent in that in witer? brrr thasts hard core id die lol

--
Brian Joyce
@brian-joyce
13 years ago
18 posts
I had a the most reliable heater in there -- called respiration. When that heater fails you don't have to worry about the temp anymore. LOL. On sunny days it's totally solar. Most days I could read, write and draw. On a sunny day at this time of year, when there's no leaves yet for shading, it's down right hot under clear plastic.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I am in love with the elements, and NEVER use an umbrella and avoid coats at all costs, (will use an umbrella over my kiddos if they are sick or sniffly and the rain is cold.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
13 years ago
393 posts

The wind will and has helped the progression dreadlocks for the people who take advantage of it.

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
....Avoid coats at all costs? Jesus hon way to invite pneumonia lol. =)

Shanxon Lemasters said:
I am in love with the elements, and NEVER use an umbrella and avoid coats at all costs, (will use an umbrella over my kiddos if they are sick or sniffly and the rain is cold.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form