Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

*UPDATE* almost 3 months and no knots

Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
really?? i just figured more would mean more soft. i'll give it a try. what have i got to lose.btw, i LOVE your hair. i'm so jealous.
updated by @heather: 07/23/15 07:54:29AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
a bead acts like a knothow by when u force it on you push some hairs up creating uneven lengths and loop like conditiopn while holding it all together so a bead can be your 1st knoti alsio mix the sea salt in with the baking soda and acv so that reallly encourages dreading alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
will do. thanks.

soaringeagle said:
a bead acts like a knot
how by when u force it on you push some hairs up creating uneven lengths and loop like conditiopn while holding it all together so a bead can be your 1st knot

i alsio mix the sea salt in with the baking soda and acv so that reallly encourages dreading alot
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
I use maylees and I have hard water. I think the bar soaps are different than the liquid bronners because I had a lot of trouble with that stuff. It made my hair reaaaally greasy looking and stuff. And I had the water/soap ratio all wrong too. But the Dreadlock shampoo bars are incredible.I think TnRing one wouldn't really do much. Try half your head, or make new ones whenever you're bored!Hang in there. Patience is key! Try and keep your mood up about it, too. I know my locks look better when I feel better about them...placebo or not it helps!
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
thanks brandon! i have 4 bars of maylees which i love the smell of but can never get fully out of my hair. i'm always left with a greasy residue no mater what.

Brandon Arnold said:
I use maylees and I have hard water. I think the bar soaps are different than the liquid bronners because I had a lot of trouble with that stuff. It made my hair reaaaally greasy looking and stuff. And I had the water/soap ratio all wrong too. But the Dreadlock shampoo bars are incredible.

I think TnRing one wouldn't really do much. Try half your head, or make new ones whenever you're bored!

Hang in there. Patience is key! Try and keep your mood up about it, too. I know my locks look better when I feel better about them...placebo or not it helps!
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts

Yep, SE is right about those beads...try it! I also found that before I had any knots I stuck a couple of beads in and pushed them above the area I wanted it to sit and then did a tiny bit of backcombing (just enought to ruffle the hair into a snarl) and slid the bead back down and it stayed. Also, I agree with Bobbi too. I use about a half a cup full of ACV to a wash bucket and had started initially with a full cup...more is better.
Glad to offer any help I can...wishing you lots of knots very soon! :D soaringeagle said:
a bead acts like a knot
how by when u force it on you push some hairs up creating uneven lengths and loop like conditiopn while holding it all together so a bead can be your 1st knot

i alsio mix the sea salt in with the baking soda and acv so that reallly encourages dreading alot
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts

Oh, and here is something else...I found initially that my hair was greasy with the Bronner's too and I love the Maylees dread bars but initially my hair felt a bit oilier too...that was until I used the globs of BS. I really think that with all my intense conditioning my hair was really ultra healthy and coated in conditioning agents! I used to deep condition for an hour atleast twice a week and used daily conditioner to combat the effects of a flat iron on my frizzy, curly, hair. I also used the Bronner's lavendar and I found that Bronner's peppermint shampoo was alittle more drying and caused more tangles. I am convinced that making a paste with the BS and soaking your hair with it for awhile may get that ball rolling! Keep us posted hunie!
Heather said:
thanks brandon! i have 4 bars of maylees which i love the smell of but can never get fully out of my hair. i'm always left with a greasy residue no mater what.

Brandon Arnold said:
I use maylees and I have hard water. I think the bar soaps are different than the liquid bronners because I had a lot of trouble with that stuff. It made my hair reaaaally greasy looking and stuff. And I had the water/soap ratio all wrong too. But the Dreadlock shampoo bars are incredible.

I think TnRing one wouldn't really do much. Try half your head, or make new ones whenever you're bored!

Hang in there. Patience is key! Try and keep your mood up about it, too. I know my locks look better when I feel better about them...placebo or not it helps!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Great idea's Megan and Panterra! I was thinking try doing a few small braids in one section of your hair then taking them out. Even if it's only a couple days before you have to wash it. It may give your hair a lil texture to begin knotting then once the tangles start, it's on! If it works well then braid up the rest, leave em in for a day or two then take em out. Good luck sweetie, hang in there!
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts

thanks girls! i'm might give some of these ideas a try. couldn't hurt at this point.

Daveovthedead
@daveovthedead
14 years ago
20 posts

I did the backcomb method myself my second time around. Maybe I'm a bit more comfortable with it since I have done my won dreads before, but if your really familiar with the process you should be able to have some pretty decent results if you know what your doing. Just letting your hair go and knot on its own does work, grant it the process can take a very loooong time: especially if you have straight hair. I suggest learning how to back comb if your getting frustrated.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form