Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

feeling a bit discouraged :(

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
mine are natural/neglect and I'm a girl! lol! What are you washing with??
natural dready mama
Heather said:
thanks guys! i tried doing a couple t&r one night but the next morning they had undone. i really don't want to do anything to my hair but i don't have much confidence that its going to do it all on its own. i've tried to look up natural/neglect dreadlocks online for more images than just here but there really aren't any especially girls with natural dreads. lots of images of t&r or backcombed dreads though.

oh well, i guess i'll see what happens in the next couple of months. hopefully lots of knotting:)

updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/23/15 03:00:09AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts

I see loads of natural dready mamas!
updated by @naturalwomyn: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
green bean
@green-bean
14 years ago
57 posts
dont worry they will get there! its been a year for me and mine are just starting to look like dreads in the passed three months. only some have locked. but my hair was long when i decided to let it go and dread. dont give up on them sis!
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i was washing with baking soda and then doing the acv after i rinse but i was finding my hair was super soft after the rinse. before i started dreads i was able to just shampoo my hair and not use conditioner and i would have no problem combing my hair. now i've just been doing only the baking soda but i'm finding that its starting to dry out my scalp so i switch back and forth between that and giovannis organic tea tree treat shampoo. it gets my hair squeaky clean and the tea tree, eucalyptus and peppermint oils it has in it really sooth my scalp.

NaturalWomyn said:
mine are natural/neglect and I'm a girl! lol! What are you washing with??
natural dready mama
Heather said:
thanks guys! i tried doing a couple t&r one night but the next morning they had undone. i really don't want to do anything to my hair but i don't have much confidence that its going to do it all on its own. i've tried to look up natural/neglect dreadlocks online for more images than just here but there really aren't any especially girls with natural dreads. lots of images of t&r or backcombed dreads though.

oh well, i guess i'll see what happens in the next couple of months. hopefully lots of knotting:)
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i LOVE your hair! thats exactly how i want my hair to look. some dreaded some not. what do you wash with?

brittney said:
dont worry they will get there! its been a year for me and mine are just starting to look like dreads in the passed three months. only some have locked. but my hair was long when i decided to let it go and dread. dont give up on them sis!
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
thanks! i really hope my hair cooperates. i'm not opposed to helping it along with backcombing or t&r but i just really want to give this a chance first. i have wavy/curly hair so i'm hoping it will knot in time and become crazy wonderful like i have envisioned. *fingers crossed*

Knottysleeves said:
I really admire your patience to go the natural/neglect route. I tried it for several months after combing out my first set and got absolutely nowhere. :-) I missed having dreads so much and just couldn't wait any longer, so I backcombed. I don't regret it at all, but I do wonder how many more months I would've had to wait to see progress.
Jeanine
@jeanine
14 years ago
3 posts
are you using anything in your hair besides shampoo?i strongly recommend dr. bronners for the start of the natural process, that's what i useit instantly thickens your hair and starts knotting it up without any work on your parti've been doing my dreadies naturally for a little over a week now and to my surprise i already have some parts tightening up and getting knotted
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i can't use dr. bronners. we have hard water and it makes it impossible to rinse bronners out. i'm using an organic tea tree shampoo now which is helping with my dry scalp but i still don't have any knots yet:(

Jeanine said:
are you using anything in your hair besides shampoo?
i strongly recommend dr. bronners for the start of the natural process, that's what i use
it instantly thickens your hair and starts knotting it up without any work on your part
i've been doing my dreadies naturally for a little over a week now and to my surprise i already have some parts tightening up and getting knotted
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i'm learning to just ignore my hair. i think this is an easier task for guys than it is for us girls. guys look good with messy hair. i'm using lots of tams and head scarves these days. i'll be at the 2 month mark in a couple weeks and i'm still hopeful that i'll see some sort of progress soon.thanks for the support:)Read more: feeling a bit discouraged :( - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/feeling-a-bit-discouraged?id=3754945%3ATopic%3A281677&page=2#comments#ixzz14qb5elgp the best place for real dreadlocks no lies no products to buy just truth about healthy dreadsUnder Creative Commons License: Attribution

calientepocket said:
Heather, continue being patient. Trust me, patience is one of the best things I am getting out of my dreads. I am coming up on three months and still have the occasional feeling of "Will they ever look like dreads???" but I am just now starting to see it! Each week I notice something new taking shape. Try not to look in the mirror as often, you will see progress, time is your friend : )

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form