Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

any one out there who started their dreads with the back combing method..

momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
6 years ago
159 posts
and can share pictures of what your dreads look like now, or at a year or more later. I am at 4 months and still have a lots of loops, seem to have more after I wash my hair. Would like to see others who started with the method as I did and what yours look like now.Peace
updated by @momma-has-dreads: 02/14/15 05:22:17AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
27,406 posts
they look like dreads should lookloops are not a bad thing at allaround a year the line between methods starts to fade (well not crochet if u keep crocheting its pretty odvios0dreads tend to naturalize over timeand they're looking really good


--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Emily
@emily
6 years ago
203 posts
your dreadies look amazing! i backcombed and mine are like 8 months old, i have plenty of loopies and i like them that way :) they keep looking more natural cuz i dont do any maintenance or anything.

this is my serious facelol
updated by @emily: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
6 years ago
530 posts
I like loopies :)
Holypipi
@holypipi
6 years ago
16 posts

I backcombed, being 2 years now, couldn't be happier with the results :).Yours look great! :)
updated by @holypipi: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
6 years ago
159 posts
Your dreads look really nice too. Are the loops settling down and merging into the dread itself? Like you, I am not and have not done any other type of maintenance on them, other than washing about every 4 days. Some of mine(4-6) are heavy/thick towards the end 5-6 inches, then thin out on the upper part toward the scalp. Have you had any of this going on and if so...what is this about and should I do any thing or is there any thing to do at all?PeaceEmily said:
your dreadies look amazing! i backcombed and mine are like 8 months old, i have plenty of loopies and i like them that way :) they keep looking more natural cuz i dont do any maintenance or anything.

this is my serious face lol

updated by @momma-has-dreads: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
6 years ago
159 posts
Did your dreads, by the way they look great!!! ever go though the loops stage? If so, it looks as thought they have merged into the dread. Did you do any other maintenance other than washing them to get what you have...great looking dreads?peaceHolypipi said:

I backcombed, being 2 years now, couldn't be happier with the results :).

Yours look great! :)
Emily
@emily
6 years ago
203 posts
yeah, some loops kinda start out crazier then settle down and are more solid like a part of the dread, like a bump or something. Mine are thinner near the roots too i think thats just how they grow, nothin to worry about. i even have some where the top third of the dread is almost pencil thin then it puffs out in the middle and is huge lol. loops definately settle down a lot with time.momma has dreads said:
Your dreads look really nice too. Are the loops settling down and merging into the dread itself? Like you, I am not and have not done any other type of maintenance on them, other than washing about every 4 days. Some of mine(4-6) are heavy/thick towards the end 5-6 inches, then thin out on the upper part toward the scalp. Have you had any of this going on and if so...what is this about and should I do any thing or is there any thing to do at all?
Peace


Emily said:
your dreadies look amazing! i backcombed and mine are like 8 months old, i have plenty of loopies and i like them that way :) they keep looking more natural cuz i dont do any maintenance or anything.

this is my serious face lol

updated by @emily: 02/05/15 08:58:45AM
Holypipi
@holypipi
6 years ago
16 posts
Thanks, every dread goes through the loopy times! Is just what they do.I wash them every 3 days, i could say, sea water has being in my maintenence since I go to the beach almost every day.momma has dreads said:
Did your dreads, by the way they look great!!! ever go though the loops stage? If so, it looks as thought they have merged into the dread. Did you do any other maintenance other than washing them to get what you have...great looking dreads?
peace

Holypipi said:

I backcombed, being 2 years now, couldn't be happier with the results :).

Yours look great! :)

updated by @holypipi: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Nathan Warren
@nathan-warren
6 years ago
35 posts
yeah man! i backcombed, i only have one pic and its my default. your hair is gonna go through a lot of changes and good days and bad. my hair didnt actually start looking good untill about 2 and a half years.
 / 2
 
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus