Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Partial Dreads

celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
a good friend of mine has only two dreads..the one by her nech and the other one on the back of her head..her hair is so thick that you cant actually see the one in the back, as it s covered by loose hair..the one by her neck is a real beauty, longer than the rest of the hair..really pretty..she crocheted them if i am correct ..now, as for maintainance, she does nothing at all, letting it grow on its own..and it s getting better and better, having a more "natural" look.
updated by @celestine: 07/23/15 02:34:01AM
Storm
@storm
14 years ago
36 posts
Lol I think I get it :P well thanks soaringeagle said:
you are such a cutey
umm this may sound weird but you know how most girls would rather be called beautiful then cute? well your so cute that no beauty could come close to that level of cuteness..in your case its definately better to be called cute (im not implying that yoiur not also beautiful though just the cuteness is much more powerful)

did that make any sence?

Storm said:
I posted my pic on my profile :)

Storm said:
I now have the beginnings of one dreadlock :) I <3 my new baby ;D [Will upload a pic]
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
dont worry the dreads will change u from cute to "oh my god" in no time :) Storm said:
Lol I think I get it :P well thanks

soaringeagle said:
you are such a cutey
umm this may sound weird but you know how most girls would rather be called beautiful then cute? well your so cute that no beauty could come close to that level of cuteness..in your case its definately better to be called cute (im not implying that yoiur not also beautiful though just the cuteness is much more powerful)

did that make any sence?

Storm said:
I posted my pic on my profile :)

Storm said:
I now have the beginnings of one dreadlock :) I <3 my new baby ;D [Will upload a pic]

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Flicker Wings
@flicker-wings
14 years ago
20 posts
I did this; I had a few dreads in my hair before I decided to do my whole head. For one, I backcombed it a little bit and stuck a bead on it, (I wouldn't backcomb my whole head but it was kind of difficult to put in a natural dread when you're still styleing and conditioning the rest of your hair) the others were natural dreads. I put the beads on them to keep them separated from my undreaded hair. When I showered, I just kept the dreads separate from the rest of hair and every now and then I would wash it with my friends bottle of Dr. Bronners. I think the beads really helped because it helped lock the dreads, it kept them separated so they didnt become mysteriously thicker over time, and it made them stand out. Now that Im doing my whole head, the ones I did before look AMAZING compared to the other babies.It was strange putting the few in at first because it takes time for the dreads to mature and especially in the beginning they looked the same as the rest of my curly hair would. But after about 3 months they defiantly distinguished themselves from the rest of my hair. After I got a hair cut (which was funny because I had to explain to the stylist to stay away from them with conditioner and scissors) they were longer than the rest of my hair and they looked really interesting.A lot of my friends have done this as well in different styles and ways. Some have shaved heads with a dread on the bottom. I know girls who have a lot on the bottom and normal hair on top. Whatever you prefer :)
Flicker Wings
@flicker-wings
14 years ago
20 posts
Or you can commint to loving both your dreads and unlocked hair. :)
Rachael Hirst
@rachael-hirst
14 years ago
10 posts
i've got partial dreads at the mo, i do my own and havn't got round to doing the rest yet!!! ( it's been like this for a year). just keep an eye out stary hairs matting into ya dreads. can be a pain in the butt
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
14 years ago
292 posts
I guess I technically have partial dreads by your definition. My hair is dreading naturally so some of it is still just hair. In a year or two I might not have any straight hair left but who knows. Maybe some of it will take years to dread and maybe a small amount will never dread. Whats important to me is that it does what it wants to do and the outcome will be unique and wonderful
Pamella
@pamella
14 years ago
31 posts
Up until the last month and 1/4 I have maintained un dreaded locks with several dreadlocks..Just brushed the unlocked hair and that was it..It is more work than one would imagine as the surrounding hair wants to make a congo but other than that, its simple...I just decided recently to lock up the rest...so much more natural for me..Neglect is my method and my tips are still unlocked..
cass co
@cass-co
14 years ago
2 posts
hey there. i am about to do partial dreads in my hair. any advice? how did you choose which sections to have a dread in? where did you find good beads. Thanks for your help. hope all is well. Flicker Wings said:
I did this; I had a few dreads in my hair before I decided to do my whole head. For one, I backcombed it a little bit and stuck a bead on it, (I wouldn't backcomb my whole head but it was kind of difficult to put in a natural dread when you're still styleing and conditioning the rest of your hair) the others were natural dreads. I put the beads on them to keep them separated from my undreaded hair. When I showered, I just kept the dreads separate from the rest of hair and every now and then I would wash it with my friends bottle of Dr. Bronners. I think the beads really helped because it helped lock the dreads, it kept them separated so they didnt become mysteriously thicker over time, and it made them stand out. Now that Im doing my whole head, the ones I did before look AMAZING compared to the other babies.

It was strange putting the few in at first because it takes time for the dreads to mature and especially in the beginning they looked the same as the rest of my curly hair would. But after about 3 months they defiantly distinguished themselves from the rest of my hair. After I got a hair cut (which was funny because I had to explain to the stylist to stay away from them with conditioner and scissors) they were longer than the rest of my hair and they looked really interesting.

A lot of my friends have done this as well in different styles and ways. Some have shaved heads with a dread on the bottom. I know girls who have a lot on the bottom and normal hair on top. Whatever you prefer :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
put it anywhere u want and in our shops our members make amazing beads cass co said:
hey there. i am about to do partial dreads in my hair. any advice? how did you choose which sections to have a dread in? where did you find good beads. Thanks for your help. hope all is well.

Flicker Wings said:
I did this; I had a few dreads in my hair before I decided to do my whole head. For one, I backcombed it a little bit and stuck a bead on it, (I wouldn't backcomb my whole head but it was kind of difficult to put in a natural dread when you're still styleing and conditioning the rest of your hair) the others were natural dreads. I put the beads on them to keep them separated from my undreaded hair. When I showered, I just kept the dreads separate from the rest of hair and every now and then I would wash it with my friends bottle of Dr. Bronners. I think the beads really helped because it helped lock the dreads, it kept them separated so they didnt become mysteriously thicker over time, and it made them stand out. Now that Im doing my whole head, the ones I did before look AMAZING compared to the other babies.

It was strange putting the few in at first because it takes time for the dreads to mature and especially in the beginning they looked the same as the rest of my curly hair would. But after about 3 months they defiantly distinguished themselves from the rest of my hair. After I got a hair cut (which was funny because I had to explain to the stylist to stay away from them with conditioner and scissors) they were longer than the rest of my hair and they looked really interesting.

A lot of my friends have done this as well in different styles and ways. Some have shaved heads with a dread on the bottom. I know girls who have a lot on the bottom and normal hair on top. Whatever you prefer :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form