Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Confused on separating and knotting

jessicap7898
@jessicap7898
8 years ago
2 posts

So I've been researching for the past hour and still can't get a straight answer. I took my year old T&R babies out and am restarting completely freeform. I understand I have to quit brushing it. But what about running my fingers through it to Get the knots out? Yes, I know I need to let me hair knot, but these aren't the good kind, my hair does this horrible matting at the ends daily. Can my locks still form if I just finger comb once daily for nothing but separation? Thanks everyone!

updated by @jessicap7898: 01/03/18 02:23:09AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

well you want to let it knot up ofcourse, but if its dreading very fast  you will have to separate often and keep them from forming too big, or all joining together

but depends on what you mean, if it gets knotty and loopy at the ends, let it  but if you mean a few sections all knot together at the ends  wich would result in  them joining together into big dreads separate em

the ends can ball up for some most of the time this self corrects itself (if not..so what) if the balls on the ends are outta control crazy you can wrap em tight or put a bead over them to squish them down to the size  of the dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jessicap7898
@jessicap7898
8 years ago
2 posts

I'm not sure how to directly answer you on here yet, but yes, that's EXACTLY what I was speaking of. My ends have always knotted up like crazy. I guess because my hair is still a little damaged from my previous set of locs. So I should focus on pulling them apart vs. running my fingers through them as the sections develop, I'm just trying avoid a huge matted up mess that won't be attractive. There's good knots, then there bad knots like I get. I'm accepting I will have messy hair, but hair that's thick, coarse and damaged needs a little extra help. Thank you both soooo much! :-)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

can you add photos?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form