@littlebee
9 years ago
4 posts

updated by @littlebee: 04/27/15 04:23:14PM
littlebee
@littlebee
9 years ago
4 posts

Ok so I have been researching a while and came across the dreadheadhq site, this would be a great time to say I have not yet got dreads, and I loved their advice and the approach and after a week or so of debating and researching decided to buy their kit. I'm in England and the shipping is huge so to save on shipping I bought the huge kit and got free delivery. Since then I've started seeing a few people saying certain products are no good etc. I don't fancy the leave them and wait method but also don't want to spend my whole first year messing with them but I figured stuff like the locking spray and tools would be real useful to help them not get too crazy. I haven't completely waisted my money have I? I hope at least some will be good like the shampoos etc. Also I had fully decided on the back combing method but now I keep wondering about twist n rip! Everyone has a different opinion and it's so hard to kno what's the best for me but on dreadheadhq they say twist n rip dreads will most likely have to be cut out but back combing they gar untie you can comb out with the help of some products. I have super long hair so in a couple of years if I don't totally adore my dreads, though I'm sure I will, I would like to hope I may be able to brush them out instead of cutting them off. Anyway, any advice would be nice, please be gentle im only learning :-) x

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

dreadheadhq iws all lies and a scam  yes you wasted your money and need to return it unopened anbd unused

absolutely everything in its horible

the leaveit andlet it dread way is by far the best way!  but twist and rips next best

all dreads can be combed out no matter the method but backcombed will bepermenently damaqged though not as severely as if u use those tools!

thoswe tools the wax all of its dread death

and the shampoo is toxic garbage

send it back get a refund and  either let it dread itself or use twuist and rip

the "spray"  is 2 cents worth of sea salt  for 10 dollars

additionaly they were nice enough t9 add an ingredient  derived from urine

nice huh

the powders waxes tools are all crap

send it back get a refund and include a shame on you message with it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

read the dreaducation page  and the dreadheadhq and knottyboy reviews page

as well as the dread kit victims group the dread kit vicytims forum sections

and so on

--
marleyoneluv
@marleyoneluv
9 years ago
14 posts

I've gone with the Twist n Rip method but I'm noticing that as time goes along (not so much time at all yet lol) My roots are not twisted super close to the scalp and everything was done far from PERFECT haha... everything should sort itself out in the end no? Nothing has seemed to fall out completely yet... I'd have gone w/ the neglect method but the workplace is already bitchin about the hair lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

legaly they cant bitch about your hair

it shouldnt be tight nor perfect  tyhe roots will get alot looser before they get tighter

search the site for letter to employers and theres a few versions  edit and make your own or at least use it fotr talking points

--
marleyoneluv
@marleyoneluv
9 years ago
14 posts

Yeah i didn't it handle it so well but made it through it with them... they want me to HAVE to tie it up lol so i'm going to leave em loose with some polyester material i use to tie em up at home for a few mins once in a while... It fits alot looser then any hair ties thats how i did it for them in the office and it was WAY too tight for even the 5 hours i work :(

marleyoneluv
@marleyoneluv
9 years ago
14 posts

but basically they were going to send it into H n R and suspend me tell they got back to the boss if i refused to tie it up at all :(

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

thats ilegal descrimination

there have been thousands of court cases  and if you are dreading for spiritual or religios reasons (and no they cannot ask you to prove your religion and there are reasons nearly every belief dreads) thenthey cannot request you comb cut  cover  style maintain or anything

the only acceptions are when they are a clear safety hazzard as in when you require an airtight mask

are you an austraunaut, a fighter pilot or firefighter or work for the cdc

if u tie it up use the dreads themselves

--
marleyoneluv
@marleyoneluv
9 years ago
14 posts

I'm gonna post some pictures up of my hair with a hair net and with that piece of polyester . I'm worried maybe you could tell me which u think would be least harmful to the dreads? I don't wanna lose my job the hair net would be required if I worked around food I work at dollar tree :-)

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form