Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Creating my Dreads

MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
3 years ago
46 posts

I am going to go with Neglect for a while until my hair separates, and then I'm going to grab the separations, brush them (should I brush them?) and then Twist & Rip them.

It's been a week since Neglect and my hair is separating, I am going to Twist & Rip maybe in about 2 weeks?..

My questions are do dreads look different from (full) neglect, twist & rip, backcomb... etc?

Could someone please post pictures of the differences? (How they look when they're mature,  I suppose)

Thanks also please comment on my method :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,421 posts

dont bother twist and rip and certainly dont brush them

why would you  tnr in 2 weeksd when threy might already be dreading by then

they will look best, and you will be happiest with them if u just let them dread

if you tnr theres a fairly good chance u will regret it and wish u went neglect...maybe even enough to start over

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
3 years ago
46 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
dont bother twist and rip and certainly dont brush them why would you  tnr in 2 weeksd when threy might already be dreading by then they will look best, and you will be happiest with them if u just let them dread if you tnr theres a fairly good chance u will regret it and wish u went neglect...maybe even enough to start over

Well I wouldn't brush them if I was going with neglect, I asked if should I brush them before T&R or not.. ( I imagine it's quite hard to T&R semi-knotted hair, hence the idea to brush them before T&R) and sadly I don't have the option to go neglect. It's hard to explain but no it's not about the mess or anything really, but sadly I can't go Neglect..

So please don't make me go jealous of not being able to have them :P

Also if someone could post some pictures with the differences I would be grateful!

Thanks soaring eagle

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,421 posts

why cant you

but you see if its knotting your only reversing progress

--
MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
3 years ago
46 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
why cant you but you see if its knotting your only reversing progress  

Yes, I know that If I take the knots off I will be reversing progress but there again those knots were from the neglect progress and I'm doing neglect untill only my hair sections itself and then I will use those sections for T&R (If they're T&Rippable without brushing I will not brush them and take advantage of what neglect has done for me, but if I cannot do it without removing the knots then I will have to restart the process but by T&R this time :|) and the reason why I can't go neglect is because they take quite a long time to even look like dreads and I would've to cut my hair in like 4 months (it's been 2 weeks since I last cut) however If I do neglect only untill the hair separates and then T&R it wont bother so much.

How different are Twist & Rip dreads from neglect ones? (In the end, when they're mature)

Thanks again

updated by @mw2toptenworld: 03/19/15 06:07:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,421 posts

actualy if its knotting up in 322 weeks it will not take a long time

--
MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
3 years ago
46 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

I'm sure you didn't mean 322??? :|

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,421 posts

lol or 2 if u have knots in 2 weeks you will have dreads fast

--
MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
3 years ago
46 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

And please just tell me what are the major differences between backcomb, twist &rip or neglect (in the end) I would love to get neglect but it's not really a choice... and I kind of like all of them :) (methods)

MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
3 years ago
46 posts

so hard to decide :|

/ 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form