Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Neglect so far. How do I proceed?

Juniper Pärla
@juniper-prla
10 years ago
33 posts

Ok, so I'm kind of over the meltdown I had last week.
Thanks for the emotional support. I love this site, made amazing by all of you wonderful beings in here!I'm gonna try to be strong and stand up for myselfe, dont care so mutch about what others think and say.
Breath and reboot :)

Althoug I would not mind a little kick.
This is where I am today. I'm about 7,5 months in.Kind of hadr to take a good pic with the webcam, especially from behind but I just wanted to show you guys my hair.

As you can se my hair is only dreading in the back of my haead and also the locks are folding themselfes and making flat lumps so I'm loosing alot of lenght as well. This is how its been for a long time now. No new dreads are forming. The sides are not even near dreading yet. So I'm considering doing some TnR, just to give it a push in the right direction.
I'm thinking of wrapping the flat lumps in the ends to prevent them from folding yet again and becomming thicker and shorter. Is that a good idea and if so, how do I do it?

Also I talked to someone who just started hers a few weeks ago. She has done som light backcombing and some TnR at the ends. Colud it be a good idea to get things started?

I understand I will get alot of "be patient" and "give it time", but for the moment I really need something to happen. So come on guys and gals, tell me what you think I sholud do :)

updated by @juniper-prla: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

roll over sleep on your sides more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Juniper Pärla
@juniper-prla
10 years ago
33 posts

That easy, hu?
Do you think the tnr idea is a bad thing? Just to do a couple here and there, something to start with?
Dont know why but I think if there is a few dreads here and there the rest will tangle up more easily becouse they rub together.
I just really need things to happen, I need some progress. Washing with locking up shampoo and the bars from dreadlockshampoo and also I use the saltwaterspray in between washes.
And what about the wrapping, is it just for looks or does it have any advantages?

Linus
@linus
10 years ago
43 posts

I had the same thing, took a little longer than 2 years for my sides to lock up. Im almost at 3 years and not fully done yet. I think those lumps will only form with the hair that you already got and when they grow out they will be less wild.

Dont really know what to say, but try to just dont give a fuck about your hair, and talking about fucks. Sex does speed up the progress, lol

Jessica Reyes
@jessica-reyes
10 years ago
24 posts
Lumps are good, do more research, you will see that losing length is normal. Losing alot of length is even more normal .
Juniper Pärla
@juniper-prla
10 years ago
33 posts

Today, I looked through my hair a little more closely than I have done in a while. I usually leave it alone as much as possible. It was a great delight to discover how much is actually going on.I found several sections that are being developed to babylocs that I havent seen before.
Hooray!
It must be due to all the sex I've had in last few days ;)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well i love helping dreadies dread so ..maybeshouldnt complete that thought lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Juniper Pärla
@juniper-prla
10 years ago
33 posts

Haha! No maybe its for the best :)

Stubby
@stubby
10 years ago
36 posts

I started off with dread knots in the back. Since I sleep om my sides there have been dread knots growing there. (whatever you call them. LOL) A musician who had long dreads told me that his dreads didn't start until about the 6 month mark. I agree with S.E. about sleeping on your sides. That's only what I've experienced though. other people might have a different opinion. everybody's dread journey, is different from the other person on here. good luck with your journey. :-)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form