Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crochet dreads discussion and pictures

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well stop crocheting and therewill be no more breaking but once hairs are broken they are broken u cant undo that so just stop adding to it and your good as u can be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 12:18:39PM
Ahmed Abdellah
@ahmed-abdellah
10 years ago
8 posts

What bothers me is that how some people can support this when it's a non debatable fact that it causes permanent hair damage; Specially when these people claim knowledge in dreads.

I find it a completely stupid manner, growing hair for years, and then just like that break that hair into small broken hairs in short hours. Makes me very sad to see people damaging their hair in such way.

Ironically, I see this type of comments in a lot of places which claim that there's a proper way to do crocheting and damaging only happens if you're doing it wrong.

Anyway, crocheting dreads is pure evil, and I really wish to see this --sadly, recognized as a dreading method by a lot-- ending soon...

Billy Pilgrim
@billy-pilgrim
10 years ago
6 posts

Thank you for your story. This site is the reason I binned my crochet needle. Now I know crochetting can lead to balding, I'm letting the dreads grow without crochetting. One upside of not crochetting any more is that the tension of the hair at the scalp lessens quickly and it should not be a concern of hair loss any more, or am I wrong?

My thought is now how to get rid of these dreads. Still exploring.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

exploring/ and well if you have haor looss thats noticable it might take more then just stopping to reverse it but stoppings going to stop and reverse slight loss

severe loss might take massaging the scalp and vitamins

--
Owl Lady
@owl-lady
10 years ago
30 posts

Thank you for this article, you saved my dreads!

Owl Lady
@owl-lady
10 years ago
30 posts

Thank you for this article, you saved my dreads!

Amy Wilbur
@amy-wilbur
10 years ago
3 posts

So @soaring eagle, you would recommend that it's better to start with loose dreads and allowing them to tighten on their own?

I have a few rows of hair that I twisted and ripped and not all of them went to the base of my head. After suggestions from you I've stopped that process and started letting my hair do its thing. But I'm concerned about the ones that are loose that I've manually started. i really don't want to rip them up and start over, so I'm hoping they will just tighten on their own.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

yes they are fine even if u got em tight to the head they would loosen to 3 or so inches anyway they wont tighten back up till many months in..closer to maturity

--
Amy Wilbur
@amy-wilbur
10 years ago
3 posts

Great, thank you.

soaring eagle said:

yes they are fine even if u got em tight to the head they would loosen to 3 or so inches anyway they wont tighten back up till many months in..closer to maturity

Quillen2
@quillen2
10 years ago
18 posts

EKKKKKKK looks so painful..

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form