@blythenine
11 years ago
5 posts

updated by @blythenine: 02/14/15 06:13:13AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well u shouldnt even try to get dreads like someone else cause you will end up with dreads like your own and noone elses

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ jimmy ✝
@jimmy
11 years ago
25 posts

Get the dreads JAH bless you with.

1)Throw away comb.

2)Read up on this site.

BlytheNine
@blythenine
11 years ago
5 posts

So am I completely missing the point of dreads for wanting a LITTLE bit of control over the sectioning?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

sectioning ies all u got control of (wich often backfires as they reject the sectioning and try to split) all we are saying is no matter what u do to control the sectioning they still wont turn out like that they will be uniquelly yours

and why do u want to control the sectioning anyway

--
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hey Sarai, they best way for sectioning is to let it section naturally. By not brushing for two weeks, they will form into sections all on their own. After this has happened, you can control the next part. Is a section bigger or wider than you wanted? If so, then divide it into 2 or 3 or what ever amount you want. The problem lies when you make the sections from scratch, you may put hair into that section and those hairs may not have wanted to be together, so they will divide at the roots even a year into your journey. But, letting them do it on its own first, and even dividing those into smaller sections will avoid future separation at the roots. So yes, you can have control after you let it do its thing for a couple of weeks. Hope this was not confusing.....peace

Sarai said:

So am I completely missing the point of dreads for wanting a LITTLE bit of control over the sectioning?

BlytheNine
@blythenine
11 years ago
5 posts

Thank you so much for taking the time to really explain that to me. It makes perfect sense and Im begining to feel like I may be ready to really commit to going all natural. Much appreciated. <3

the Barrellady said:

Hey Sarai, they best way for sectioning is to let it section naturally. By not brushing for two weeks, they into sections all on their own. After this has happened, you can control the next part. Is a section bigger or wider than you wanted? If so, then divide it into 2 or 3 or what ever amount you want. The problem lies when you make the sections from scratch, you may put hair into that section and those hairs may not have wanted to be together, so they will divide at the roots even a year into your journey. But, letting them do it on its own first, and even dividing those into smaller sections will avoid future separation at the roots. So yes, you can have control after you let it do its thing for a couple of weeks. Hope this was not confusing.....peace

Sarai said:

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Forgot to mention this to you. We recommend that sections be no larger than one inch where the hair meets the scalp. The reason being is that once mature, the entire dread will shrink and become that thickness. 1 inch (2.5cm) mature dreads will take 24 hours to fully dry inside the core of them. You can certainly have sections fatter than that if you choose, but be aware that really fat dreads can take days to fully dry in the inside core. You can have assorted sizes all over your head, from 1 inch to the size of a pencil or even thinner, they don't need to be all the same size. I don't know if I ever sent you a link to my post, although I started with T&R, many of my tips can be used for any method of choice: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/just-starting-out-what-to-expect

Feel free to ask me questions any time at all.....peace

BlytheNine
@blythenine
11 years ago
5 posts

Thanks for the additional tip! I have a question about separating them after the two weeks of letting them section on their own...

When I go in to separate the larger sections ( I want really skinny dreads) do I start from the tips and split them up or do I start at the base of my scalp and then pull them apart? hope that makes sense.

the Barrellady said:

Forgot to mention this to you. We recommend that sections be no larger than one inch where the hair meets the scalp. The reason being is that once mature, the entire dread will shrink and become that thickness. 1 inch (2.5cm) mature dreads will take 24 hours to fully dry inside the core of them. You can certainly have sections fatter than that if you choose, but be aware that really fat dreads can take days to fully dry in the inside core. You can have assorted sizes all over your head, from 1 inch to the size of a pencil or even thinner, they don't need to be all the same size. I don't know if I ever sent you a link to my post, although I started with T&R, many of my tips can be used for any method of choice: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/just-starting-out-what-t...

Feel free to ask me questions any time at all.....peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well when you seperate u want to wait till theres something to seperate so ypur not ripping apart would be dreads so let them start to forn ]=m then when 2 forming dreads try to connect together then seperate

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form