Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

6 DAYS IN HELP!!!!

Whitney Kramers
@whitney-kramers
11 years ago
3 posts

Ok so ive wanted dreads for oh man around 5 6 years now. i finally got the guts and did it my self i had a friend section my hair and then i backcombed it! my hair is super straight and super thin ive tryed other ways to put them in but they would fall out the next day . so i start reading on here WAX IS A NO.... and guess what.... i put knotty boy wax in my hair when i put my babies in. i aslo read that back combing was a NO..... i really dont wanna brush my ahair out and start over. is there anyway to help them get to maturaty the way they are.... i washed most the wax out (so i can feel) and in 6 days ive washed my hair twice with dish soap. they didnt really lossen much or slip out.... (witch im amazed) so i ws wondering is there still hope for them....

updated by @whitney-kramers: 01/13/15 09:46:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

backcomb isnt a horible method like crochet..it does damage the hair permenantly tho but only moderate damage not severe like crochet

theres a line between recomendable and methods to be warned against..backcomb is hovering just above that line so isnt a method to be warned against but one that id hesitate to ever recomend since gentler more effective methods exist..like going natural or tnr

see thts 1 thing you didnt undewrsg-=tand..dreads dont need to be put in..they happen on their own..but not in a day

it was ok that the methods u used fell out the next day they were unesacary anyway

so dont worry too much about the backcombing but wax on the other hand is pure evil and must be removed so keep on removing it

as long as u get the wax out they will dread just fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Whitney Kramers
@whitney-kramers
11 years ago
3 posts

:) awesome thank you so much and thats what i ahve been doing is trying to remove the wax as much i possibly can i am really regretting putting it in but i mean every one i talked to or every site/ store ive seen all said USE WAX

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

thats cause the wax pushers creatred thousands of sites all with the same info..use wax.. natural dreads take 5 years and are gross..all lies

but talk to real dreadheads with experience and almost all will say stay away from wax its rthe worse mistake they made

Whitney Kramers said:

:) awesome thank you so much and thats what i ahve been doing is trying to remove the wax as much i possibly can i am really regretting putting it in but i mean every one i talked to or every site/ store ive seen all said USE WAX

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreadfulScotty
@dreadfulscotty
11 years ago
19 posts

Don't worry about them too much Whitney. I started mine with wax too (big mistake) but I took the time and removed the wax (not the dreads) and they're turning out great! I'm almost at 7 months now.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form