Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is all the wax out of my dreads???

Jack Wright
@jack-wright
13 years ago
4 posts

OK so I have attempted to wash some of my dreads and tried a couple of different techniques to remove the dread wax that I ignorantly put into my hair and I need help trying to figure out whether or not I got it all out. Not ever having dreads before I am unsure what they are suppose to feel like or look like or how they are suppose to move. All I know is that i was concerned about having put wax into my hair and was immediately freaked out. They may not have not even been that bad but I'm not sure so really i just need to know how do I know if I got all my wax out and how are my dreads suppose to feel and move when they are wax free. Thanks!!!

updated by @jack-wright: 01/13/15 09:14:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they should be soft and flexible when mature form but spongy

did u use a hair dryer to melt in the wax? if so then theres most likely no waty only a few washes got it out if u didnt mewlt it in and it was mostly on the surface then u may get lucky

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jack Wright
@jack-wright
13 years ago
4 posts

I never used a hair dryer to melt it in I would just apply a little but then palm roll and I only did it half a dozen times at the most. The dreads that I did definitely feel better after I washed them and they don't feel as solid my only concern is that when they move they don't really bend they just kind move as a solid piece but that may be because there is not a lot of weight to them due to the length which really only about 10-12 inches at the longest. I feel comfortable that I am getting most of the wax out I am probably just overreacting I just want to make sure that once they are clean they are formed like they're suppose to. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel like I'm doing something wrong or they aren't clean like I feel they are.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm stiffness is a sign of wax so i would definately keep doing more removal ..rule of thumb if u think u got it all..u probly didnt so keep removing more after several more removals u will think u got it all..again..do at least as many removals as u did between the 2 times u thought u got it all..if therers no change at all u can stiop if it still changes double the number between the 1st and 3rd....it can trick u into thinking its gone over and over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
13 years ago
81 posts

What did/are you doing for trying to remove the wax?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form