Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

residues

Ethon O'Brien
@ethon-obrien
11 years ago
40 posts

I was wondering, exactly what ingredients in soaps and shampoos are the ones that leave residues?

I tried binging it (yes i use bing now instead of google, tried it a few months back and loved it, its way better if you ask me, i got more results most of the time, and when its not more, theyre more of what i was looking for) and i couldnt find anything. does anyone know?

would also be interested in learning how to make my own soap for them if anyone knows that as well. i already use various teas along with baking soda and acv rinse but i think it would be fun to make a scented soap thats residue free.

updated by @ethon-obrien: 02/14/15 04:46:40AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

so yopur basicly saying you love bing even though it just totaly failed you?

try google

i know googles wayyyy waty way better how

well google crawls this site at a rate of 170,000 pages a day and indexes milliins of pages of this sire

bing crawls like 1 page a month maybe 1 a week and might index a dozen

for the 1st year bing indexed only the sitemap..wich isnt a page at all and shouldnt be indexed its a file its suposed to use to know what pages to crawl

bing sucks..

oh also only 1 visitor from bing for every 1/2 million from google

the reason u cant find anything on bing is cause they only list 1 millionth od the pages google does

or less

now i cant give u a full list cause theres so many ingredients but heather can give u some basics to look out for

alot of ingredientnames have complex combinatiins like sodium laurel sulphate sodium laurewth sulphate etc with other varuatiins but u can get a clue to wether its good or notr u want to avou=id sulphates sulphides etc

if your making youir own from all natural stuff then stuff like glyceerin

but residues are only 1/2 the issue u want to avoid conditioners as well

and have u ever made soaps? u will be handling caustic substances that require safety precautions

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ethon O'Brien
@ethon-obrien
11 years ago
40 posts

turns out i actually found somethin on bing and i was wonderin if there was any truth to this or if its just a myth. is glycerine soap residue free?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

highly doubtful

glycerin by its nature is used to make things more sticky and bind

seriusly try google

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Glycerin leaves some residue. But the real issue with it is how much it conditions. I'd avoid it.

Heather may know more about how to make your own soap. But like Eagle said, if you're making soap, you're going to be working with heavily caustic materials. You can't do it without some sort of lab equipment. If you don't have EXTREMELY good ventilation, don't even try. If you can set up a laboratory hood, that's your best bet. Always double up on gloves and don't wear anything you even like in the slightest bit. A lab coat wouldn't be a bad call. and ALWAYS ALWAYS wear safety glasses

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

thnx baba ..thourough as always :)

hes right soapmaking isnt safe unless u really know what your doing

your taking a caustic substance..lye making a caustic solution then usingthat to break down oils and fats into soaps

your body has alot of fatty tissues if your really not careful and do something really wrong you can turn yiurself into soap even

ofcourse that would n=mean like swimming in it or falling asleep with youir arm in it or something but u can

iu know that show bones ive never watched it but flipping thriughthe channels saw about 20 seconds of it once they opened a coffin and this slimy frap poueed out..it was a overweight cho=ild burried in a area heavty in lye and his body tured to soap and they said its failry common with heavier ppl or children with higher body gfat ratios when burried in certain areas ..their bodies are turned into a soap

u know..that might have no residues

yiou can start a company..corpse clease the all natural rsidue free soap made from grannys dead bosdy

geez how do i get on these subjects..

--
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

There is lye soap but there are many other kinds. Lye is not the only way to go with soap. Just like all pickles are not made with dill. I have made all kinds of soaps over the years and only used lye once in the beginning.

Ethon O'Brien
@ethon-obrien
11 years ago
40 posts

thanks for all the tips guys. i tried the glycerin soap before i saw this, made them a little sticky while they were wet but it was different when they dried. also i still used the vinegar rinse cause i heard that helps remove residue, and it really seemed to, they didnt feel sticky at all after i rinsed em. also this contained almond oil so it gave them this healthy shine. i think ill stick with the baking soda and use the glycerin soap every other time or so

Rocquel Bergeron
@rocquel-bergeron
11 years ago
4 posts
You can use essential oils in your bs&acv for smell! Or dr. Bromers dullitued wayyyyy down!
Kat5
@kat5
11 years ago
9 posts

I would add EOs to your wash. I've been adding them for years to coco butter and lotions as an option to chemical laden things. Tea Tree is good for flakes and as a antibacterial for your scalp, plus it has a powerful tingle that feels like you just stuck your head outside in the winter.

Citrus oils are good for clensing as well, but you have to be super dooper careful with them- they can be very irritateing to the skin.

Patchouli is a natural bug repelant- so in the summer it might be a good idea to ward off gnats and mosquitos...

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form