Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Besan and Coconut Oil Regimen (Inspired by Traditional South Indian Routine)

amanda11
@amanda11
12 years ago
15 posts
This is rlly cool! I want to try this for sure! Thanks for the post and the super easy directions.
updated by @amanda11: 07/22/15 12:18:30PM
Beijaflor
@beijaflor
12 years ago
20 posts

@Manj: Thank you ! I love Indian culture and I thank you for sharing and "approving" my post!! =)

@amanda: I hope you have great results with the Besan routine! Im usually not too good at explaining stuff so I am glad that it was easy for you to follow =)

Shade Of Ashes
@shade-of-ashes
12 years ago
78 posts

Awesome regimen Beijafor! I love coconut oil (superfood!) and I was always a bit too skittish to use it on my dreads for fear of loosening them up too much (I have really fine straight/wavy hair) but your post encourages me to go ahead and try it - I think I can hear my hair crying for moisture - I'm gonna try it first thing tomorrow. It's so good to know that this is a regimen that has been practiced for years. Thank you so much for sharing!

Beijaflor
@beijaflor
12 years ago
20 posts

Thanks DemeterGray! Just be careful with how much you use, I have naturally dry and very kinky hair and I only use three finger amounts on my hair (literally sticking my finger in the oil andthat'sthe only amount i use), but I also have baby locs. but ill do it a bit at a time to prevent unecessary loosening just in case to find out how much your hair can take or maybe try it on one loc to be on the safe side that way just one loc could possibly loosen instead of all of them.

Andrea Rosario
@andrea-rosario
12 years ago
8 posts

how much coconut oil and how do you use it?

Beijaflor
@beijaflor
12 years ago
20 posts

it depends on how much moisture your locs can take to not unravel. I would start off by taking a a few drops of coconut oil and then rubbing that on your locs , and if thats not sinking in enough than do a little more until your locs feel great to your liking but not over moisturize to the point of unraveling. You usually do this step before the besan wash. And afterwards if you want,you can put a little coconut oil on the ends of your locs.

Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Wow this sounds wonderful, I believe I am going to try this as well. Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca
@sylar
11 years ago
2 posts

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form