Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The TRUTH about dread wax and crochet tools (at least for me)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

by the way they are not thin cause of your hair type they are thin cause of crochet

look at the gaps bvetween dreads you hve very thin dreads from very wide secrtions

if thoe were healthy dreads they would be 4 or 5 times bigger

crochets extreme tighteness makes them so skinny (and the same tightemness prevents them from dreading at all)

and how can you expect us to stop replying when u post a discussion on the trurh of criochet and waqx that just promotes jonny cleans lies?

we are giving you the absolutute truth and yiu refuse to hear it

but u can see for yourself by doing wax renkmoval

i will even pay for the wax b gone cause odviosly i care more about your dreads then you do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 02:37:56AM
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

"Theyve shrank since i started them (as all dreads do)"

What? My dreads aren't shrinking. They're growing. Getting fatter and fluffier. Dreads only shrink when you mess with them. Otherwise they should grow. Doesn't matter how thin or thick your hair is. Your dreads should increase the volume not decrease.

Your information is wrong. I'm sorry, but you were lied to by people who only care about your hair when it's making them money.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well tied up when straight hair becomes knitted hair its shorter like if yiu take a string measure it pulled out straight then crumole it into a ball

so as they tighten they shrink till they are tight

but they should thicken to the root section size tioo

his are 1/4 the sectu=ion size

and if they shri=unlk its from the goofy looking forced bluntness

if they were dreading thered be loops all over a we all khow

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

There'd be loops, the tips wouldn't be so blunted, they would look all loose and nappy. He's only at 2 months... Who here can say their locks looked like that at 2 months?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no locks look like that at 2 months i had seen locks lkook like that at 1 week.. cause the guy used a whole tube of super glue

i saw alon dreads look like that when the salon poured a bucket of liwquid latesx over a freinds head and called em dreads

even the most mature dreads dont liok like that

only crochetted candles look like that

abd keep that look a lo9ng long time if the wax isnt removed and the hook thrown away

real dreads just never look like that

--
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

Oh yeah, I meant grow out. Like get thicker. Mine have shrunk like crazy but they're a lot bigger around than they used to be and also a lot fluffier/spongier feeling.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea on his u can see theres real thin dreads coming from real wide areas so it looks rediculiuse with such tiny thin stiff dreads and the empty gaps between them

they are crochrtted to hell and will tajke a very long time to recover and loosen up enough to even show the 1st signs of dreading

--
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

Well if that's the look he wants who are we to argue really?

Ultimately, you can do what you want to your hair and everyone has their own idea of what is good or bad. I just think it's very misleading to say that something isn't damaging. It is damaging. Let's be honest. But if it's just a hairstyle then damage may be acceptable. Some people bleach their hair to attain the results they want and others will use a latch hook and wax on their dreads. All of it is damaging but it's up to you how much damage is too much damage.

Everyone has their own vision for themselves( and their hair!) and everyone's choices are valid so long as they aren't hurting anyone but themselves. That's not what I'm here to argue. My only issue is with strange/incorrect information. It's not right.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea exactly to state it helps when it absolutely dsoes not

i mean i feel sorry for him cause they are goingto take so much longer to dread and maty never really look quite right

most ppl though can look at them and see they dont look like they should but alot of young kids think they shoulkd look like that cause of dhhq and kb with all their waxy pics of dreads sticking straight up

all the work he did just backfires and makes then take way way longer to dread

but i am serius i will pay for the wax remover to save his dreads and so he can see once and for all that they are not dreaded just glued together and woven to hell from the crochet

wich probly is the bigger problem here then the wax

--
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

If you feel that your dreads are turning out how you want because of the products you've used then fair enough. I can't say what's on the inside of your dreads cos I can't see them, but if you truly feel they look and are healthy and how you prefer, then cool for you, I'm glad you like the outcome, but many people start off with the same opinion and, years later, will see problems build up. So wait and see. They're not meant to be tight so soon, it's really just the wax compressing the hair or hardening to make them feel tighter. Dreads tighten at their own pace, and rushing something that happens at its own pace can be harmful in itself. Still, I used wax once (not over-use, it was smaller than recommended) and took quite a while to wash it all out, and lots of people have had negative experiences with it, so I would never recommend it for one simple reason: it's better to start off with a method that costs nothing and requires nothing, and then change it if you dont like how it's going (after giving it a good chance of course, not expecting so much so soon). It's a lot harder, and more expensive, to start over from using products if you don't like the results though.

/ 4

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form