Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The TRUTH about dread wax and crochet tools (at least for me)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

theres the truthj and theres being fooled by an illusion

when you see a magician make a rabit appear out of th98n air is the truth that there was no rabit till he said hokus pokus?

you are being fooled by a scam artist

thats ther truth

ok you get emails saying some diplomat in africa died and wants you to hide 13 million dollars for him.. do you think that means your going to be rich?

its a scam dude and tyiu are faklling for it

anfd how i explan that is ..some break off some dont it means some have done more harm then others..how do u explain the ones that fall off?

it takes exteeme dsamage a siungle dread shouldnt break with a ton of pressuee a crochetted dread can break out 6 ounces.. thats the extreme damage it casesd so some moght break at 100 pounds so havent broken yet

its simple logic

but if it can cause enough damage that a shower breaks them why the hell would you ever do it even once

Stephen Wagner said:

I guess my opinion isn't accepted, and there can only be one point of view?
As I've said before, there are many people I know who have used the same tactics, and have had their dreads for years with much success. How do you explain their dread not falling off.
Also, how does my new growth continue to tighten as well as the rest of the dread, when I'm not longer using wax? It certainly can't be wax "hardening" because if it was hard, it wouldn't be spreading through the dread. And finally, why wasn't there any of this horrible picture evidence your showing me in my own dread after combing it out? I have next to no wax in my hair, and my methods are doing well for me.

Im hardly even using the hook anymore because it is doing its own dreading and I seldom get loose hair.

I only ask that you respect my opinion, and don't instruct me to throw my hook out and start over. If you are indeed right, I'm willing to accept the consequences. I will come back here in my first year and give a full update and report. They're either be doing just as great, or fallen off (although I don't see that happening) lets hope when I come back I won't still be bombarded with comments against my methods.

I only meant to make a post showing a successful wax experience, as there are many others who have found the same results. Thank you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 05:56:21AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ask yourself why we have over 1000 ppl who had to start over after using wax some only used it once

ask yiurself why most even afyer months and months of effort to remove wax believe they still cant get it all out

ask yourself why 1 girl had to have multiple surgeries due to wax causing her skin to break out in infexcted wounds .. she had spent 10 thousand dollars because of wax use

and again how can jonny clean oull 1 dread completely inside another dread?

please answer that 1 simple question..if u can

but theres only 1 answer possible

after 6 years his still arent dreaded

oh and wax does move around everytime it gets hot it melr=ts and spreads

but if your roots are dreading its cause they werent waxed

its the waxed parts that will never dread..ever

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

look at this

dreads shouldnt be stiff and hard they shouldnt stand straight out

those arent dreads..those are ruined..completely

you think thats how dreads should look:?

if thats whart u are using as an examole of how good wax and crochet works thats an epic fail

dreads should be soft

flowing

organic

not hard stiff and ..i dunno what to call those but those areht dreads

edit ..duh ofcourse i know what those are...candles

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The facts are that wax only creates the illusion of locks. What you are doing is gluing your hairs together. When the wax hardens, it'll seem lik eyou have locks, because they feel tight. But if you washed the wax out, you'd be back at square one. The fact that your new growth is locking up without wax proves that your didn't need it to begin with. New hair growth knots on it's own. it's not the wax that it is knotting to. It's itself. So why destroy the rest of your hair when it obviously is knotting on its own?

Crochet hooks only create damaged hairs. They break each strand until they are no longer attached to your scalp. What you end up with are hairs at the tips attached to more broken hair a few inches up, attached to more broken hairs, etc... until you finally get to your scalp. When all is said and done, none of the hair at the tip is attached to your scalp. This means they can be broken off with much less pull than they would otherwise. And if you see that you have stopped using the hook, and your new growth is not frizzy, think about the fact that you did not crochet it, so it does not need to recover from it. The rest of the loose hairs are stuck in the wax, so you can't see them. But they are definitely there.

That said...

I respect yourdecision. Everyone is allowed to make their own choices. If you're willing to destroy your hair for a style, then best of luck (I mean that). But if you have neat and tidy hair that only looks like dreadlocks, then you can be asked to cut them for a job. And you'll have nothing to fall back on if you refuse. They'll be able to fire you. Those who grow their locks for spiritual reasons can claim their rights under the First Amendment (freedom of religion).

I'll still be here in a year, so go ahead and come back in a year and let us know how it went. I'll recommend that you do a wax removal and see how locked up your hair really is.

I have one question, though... Why did you comb out a lock, or more? just to prove there was no wax?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

judging from your photo your 2 months of impatience will make them take well over a year to recover ..and thats only if u remove wax and stop crochet completely

there will be no dreadeing at all during that year (on the pae=rts u crochetted the roots will dread0

you have done extreme exreeme harm already..it amazed me you could do so much in such a short time

those dreads each should be 4-5 times as thick as they are

they should be soft

they should lay down nit stand up

hiow can they dread when they are so stiff they cant move

your recovery at this point will take well over a year and then next year is when u will see your 1st signs of actual dreading

its usualy 6 mnths if u crochet once..but u went to extremes with it so u have a very long recovery ahead of you

--
Stephen Wagner
@stephen-wagner
12 years ago
4 posts
My dreads were standing up 1, because their short and 2, because i had just showered and shook them. Theyre not thick because i have extremely thin hair and I didn't make big locks to begin with. Theyve shrank since i started them (as all dreads do) Theyre actually quite soft and lay down on their own after about an hour.To baba fats, I only stopped using the crochet hook after I saw less need for it, not the other way around. Any loose hair is at the tips and therefore not glued to anything. I've said this over and over, I do not have remaining wax in my dreads. I discovered this when I combed it out.(And to answer your second question) if you had read my original post you'd know I combed it out because I overwaxed it in the beginning and so it wasn't very strong. I later washed all the wax out with ease and combed it out, re-tightened, etcThanks for your input soaring eagle, although I think I've heard enough for now. No disrespect, but I simply disagree and will come back in a year to prove that. Please stop responding, it's spamming my email. I appreciate the concern but I have like 16 emails piling up so please do stop. Thanks again
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

we had 2 polls up for 2 years 1 on wax 1 on natural dreads

i cant remember exact numbers but ill try to make it close

something likr 65% knew to never use wax

out of the ones that used wax 10% under 4 years were happy with it onver 4 years was 4%

out of the unhappy 50% combes out 12% shaved 10% were still tryingto remove wax after a year

on the natural dreads poll 85% would only ever go natural

out of those who didnt 65% wished they had out of those who went narural 1% only would even concider any other way

these polls were open to all not just members

and all the happy with wax votes were all made in 1 dfay..the day b4 jonny clean came here to debate us..and failed miserably

in fact jonny defines tighteness by how hard the wax makes them

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

stop following it dont tell us to stop responding simply cause you refuse to listen face it we are right you are wrong you can ignore us all you want but it would be very stupud to do so as most of us have been there dine that and had to start over

and ..the wax is in there you can tell by looking at them

just look at waxed and crochetteddreads then look at heaklthy dreads u can spot the diference a mille away

yours are rediculously waxty and crochetted so tight they will take a year to recover if u do nothing but remove wax for the next year they will only begin to dread by next year

you seriusly screwed yourself badly

Stephen Wagner said:

My dreads were standing up 1, because their short and 2, because i had just showered and shook them. Theyre not thick because i have extremely thin hair and I didn't make big locks to begin with. Theyve shrank since i started them (as all dreads do) Theyre actually quite soft and lay down on their own after about an hour.

To baba fats, I only stopped using the crochet hook after I saw less need for it, not the other way around. Any loose hair is at the tips and therefore not glued to anything. I've said this over and over, I do not have remaining wax in my dreads. I discovered this when I combed it out.
(And to answer your second question) if you had read my original post you'd know I combed it out because I overwaxed it in the beginning and so it wasn't very strong. I later washed all the wax out with ease and combed it out, re-tightened, etc

Thanks for your input soaring eagle, although I think I've heard enough for now. No disrespect, but I simply disagree and will come back in a year to prove that. Please stop responding, it's spamming my email. I appreciate the concern but I have like 16 emails piling up so please do stop. Thanks again

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh by the way we have had 10 ppl say they would use wax ..crochet..and kits and come back in a year to prove us wrong

not 1 ever did...because we arent wring

however we have thousands that come back and say we are right

wonder why?

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Your locks should not look like that in 2 months. They should look like that in 2-3 years. The fact that they look like they do in 2 months means they are artificial.

And they should be flatter when they are washed because of the water weighing them down. Just the fact that they are standing up like that when wet is a bad sign. It means they are too tight and will eventually snap at some point because they will keeo trying to tighten where there is no room for movement

/ 4

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form