Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new dread locking gel from dreadlockshampoo.com

Gilly's Mum
@gillys-mum
12 years ago
25 posts

ya know, I used it again last night and didnt have that.

The first time I also wrapped one of her dreads and now I'm wondering if some of the fibers from the thread just stuck to my hand and that was why.

Gilly's Mum
@gillys-mum
12 years ago
25 posts

I'll admit, I wasn't in love with the scent at first. It seems a little strong in the jar, but once it's in Gill's hair I really love it! She had slept on the pillow next to mine and the next day when I was laying down I thought, "what is that wonderful smell?!?"

Tyler said:

I just got mine today and I can't say I like the scent. Definitely not what I was expecting. I did apply it on a few dreads,and I like it so far, so I'll give it a few days and I'll be sure to get it unscented next time.

Bre3
@bre3
12 years ago
4 posts

Just ordered some for myself. Looking forward to trying it!:)

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

At first I had the same thoughts as Amy Lee, wondering why these products are being praised and whatever if most people on here use no products and criticise the locking gel, wax, etc. from DreadHeadHQ and KnottyBoy. But on reflection, it's obvious that people aren't criticising the use of products, but products that do more harm than good (or at the very least, do absolutely nothing). I don't think I need the locking gel, but I'm intrigued by the shampoos, so I think I'll buy one of those.

Gilly's Mum
@gillys-mum
12 years ago
25 posts

I also want to throw this out there.... Gilly's grandmother smokes and when we go to visit her, we all come back with the stubborn cling of cigarette smoke lingering on our clothes and in our hair. It's easy enough for me to hop i a shower, but since I dont want Gill sleeping on wet dreads, I've found it very helpful to put some of this gel in and make her locks smelling nice and fresh. I'm really glad that there is a light weight product that I can put in that I know wont leave build up of any sort

Butterfly
@butterfly
12 years ago
56 posts

I'm still not totally sold on the gel. I've been using it a few weeks now. It seems to me that if you have a section that is very close to dreading it will go ahead and help it lock up. My hair has been VERY stubborn. It has helped me on those sections so I have a few more baby dreads now and I'm thankful for that. I have tried using it on some of my twisty, ropey sections and it doesn't really do anything for those. It does leave somewhat of a residue in my experience but I'm ok with that. It's not noticeable unless you pull the hair apart then you see white stuff.

I absolutely adore the shampoo. It is so fabulous. It has gotten my hair and scalp cleaner than anything else. I've used Bronner's, Baking soda, Neutrogena in the past. Nothing has cleaned like this stuff. Plus the smell is amazing. I bought the nag champa scent. I don't think I'll ever buy another shampoo. I have the liquid because my hair is slow to dread. I put a squirt in a pitcher with a little water and swish it around then pour over my head in sections. I gently work it through it all of my hair and scalp and leave it on several minutes then rinse. It is expensive but very well worth it.

I promised a "review" after I used the products awhile so this is it. Your mileage may vary. I will continue to use the gel as I have baby dread sections that form. It can't hurt right? It's just not the miracle I was hoping for, lol. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how are u applying it?

i wouldnt expect miracles but help

like i said her hair may have started dreading in 4 days partialy due to her hairtype

ive only used it 3 tikes and found it helped some..kinda alot but not enough uses to really say how much (ill try tomoro after i wash again)

as far as buildup if u do se flakes u maybe using too mych and it will rinse right out leaving nothing behind

oh and i totaly know what u mean aboutthe shampoos! i use the g=bars

but i now have zero scalp issues that were under control mostkly with the bs but still canme back after a few days now everythings healthy and clean

when u appky the gel do u do like agently lil twist and wipe motion rootto tip?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its made for african dreads only and it hardens im not really convinced thats good fir african dreads tho many use it ive seen alotta buildup in a few

it is meantto be used for twisting only then they blow dry till it gets hard ..yuck and holds in twists

id use it as moisture only not hardenit

and im thinking aloes a better option tho i dont know eniugh about the mango lime stuff to saty fior sure

im weary of it but due to its popularupity andall im not going to make a uneducated guess

tho i havge seen the root stimulater they sell cause disasters in Caucasian dreads

so..u might be better off with a plant..alie plant i mean

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the shampoo might be ok some of the other stuff they sell the gels they also sell waxes so u know they arent as educated as thry shoulkd be!

and what are the ingrdients i bet the gels contain waxes too

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 05:36:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i wonder if this is the stuff thats extracted from urine lol Diazoidnol urea im not sure

but lock peppa i think it is has an ingredient extraceted from urine..nasty

heathrr would know butthat seems like alot ogf glycerine

u]if u wantto see good ingredients for shampoos

klook at www.dreadlockshampoo.com look at dr broinners ,. www.drbronners.com

maylees in our shops too

tho bronnersand maylees dont work in hard war=ter unfortunately

the clay in the 1st 1 super cleans its a micro fine clay that attracts dirt to it and takes it out the beer m,akes it worjk inhard water and makes hair very healthy

bronners is pure enough to drink

tho i wouldnt you can without harm

--

/ 12

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form