Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

essential oils for dreads and scalp health

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I use an 8 oz spray bottle. I add about 8 drops of each oil, a good squirt of Jojoba and the rest with water. Since you don' have Jojoba, you can probably just skip that. You don't want to have too much oil in there, because essential oils are caustic to your skin and need to be diluted with enough water, or used with an applicator like Jojoba or Sweet almond oil.

The Peppermint is the most caustic, and also smells the strongest, so you should use a little less of that than of the Rosemary. Unless you want to smell like a candy cane. Plus Peppermint is very strong and will make your scalp feel all tingle and cool. But too much of it will start to burn

updated by @baba-fats: 07/10/15 02:10:43AM
WarHound
@warhound
12 years ago
15 posts

Ok, thanks. And I knew I was forgetting something. I'll have to get jojoba next time along with sage.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

essential oils are medicinal not moisturizers if you want to moisturize jojoba is awesome the rosemary is great for dandruff pepermint cools itches its also amazing for sinus trouble and will flush out mucouse like crazy a drop under the nose and on the sinuses (several spots from sidesz of nose above eyebrows to tenples and hairline) will flush the sinuses eliminating sinus pressur and headachges..itrs very strong tho so may make eyes tear so dont get it to close

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
WarHound
@warhound
12 years ago
15 posts

huh I do get sinuses a lot so I'll remember that.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you use it for sinuses always mix it with the Jojoba first though. Or Almond oil. It will burn like hell otherwise

WarHound
@warhound
12 years ago
15 posts

Would shea butter be a goodsubstitutefor jojoba for moisture?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It could be. But it might block some of the oil from reaching the skin for a while. The jojoba or a lot of water is better. You don't want to put a coat of anything in between your skin and the oil. You want to cut theconcentrationof the oil

statmaster2001
@statmaster2001
12 years ago
8 posts

If making a mix for sinuses, what is the ratio for peppermint to jojoba?

Baba Fats said:

If you use it for sinuses always mix it with the Jojoba first though. Or Almond oil. It will burn like hell otherwise

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yo can do a 1:2 ratio of peppermint:Jojoba. Make a small amount (enough for 1 try). See how it feels. If it burns, add a tiny bit more Jojoba. You don't need to dilute the peppermint until there is barely any left, but enough that it is soothing and cold, but not so cold it irritates you

statmaster2001
@statmaster2001
12 years ago
8 posts

Thank you! It will be so nice to try something that doesn't have eucalyptus in it.

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form