Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mildew worries, how concerned should i be about dread-rot? and what do you think of Dr. Bronners?

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
No worries :) I might have come off in a way I didn't intend to, just a random thought mostly.

Lex said:
I suppose i just meant it in the way that my friends who refer to themselves as "the hippies" mean it.... ? I really wasn't trying to be serious guys......

updated by @gabe-mccoy: 07/23/15 08:01:10AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
actually it does "dilute 1/2 oz or 2 squirts of this pure castille soap with 2 gallons or sinkful of hot water" and "dilute: Enjoy 1 soap for 18 different uses" That's right from the bottle. It really doesn't need to become an exact science just dilute and use it. If you don't want to then don't, I'm not sure why it's a big deal??

bobbi blaine said:

the bottle actually says 18 in 1... meaning there are 18 ways to use it and i don't think it even says anything about diluting on the bottle.

and lex- i get what you were saying : )

Iain
@iain
13 years ago
844 posts
yeah it's not an exact science, the first time i used it i forgot about the concept of diluting the soap and covered my head in the peppermint soap. I smelled like candy all day and it was very strong,but i did wash it all out, however that was really unnecessary, lol
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
lol! yea I think it's really a personal preference, although it does say it on the bottle. I find that the soap lasts a lot longer when diluted (obviously) and works just as well. I've also heard other dreadies say that if you use it undiluted and don't rinse it all out it can basically eat through yor dreads. Sounds a lil sketchy to me, it could be a myth for sure but why risk it??

Iain said:
yeah it's not an exact science, the first time i used it i forgot about the concept of diluting the soap and covered my head in the peppermint soap. I smelled like candy all day and it was very strong,but i did wash it all out, however that was really unnecessary, lol
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts
Yeah see I just squirted like a little palm full, it smelled so yummy....but it made my ears pop for some reason.

Iain said:
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
LOL.

NaturalWomyn said:
you're supposed to dilute it. I think it even says it on the bottle among the 192879823784623652 other words on there! lol!
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I diluted the crap outta mine, but it is still so much more conditioning than the bs/acv I feel like my dreads un knot when I use it so I only use it about once a month, might just be the type i got tho it's the teatree one. Anyone else have this prob? I do not have hard water so maybe it's just my hair? lol
lori
@lori
13 years ago
3 posts
hey Gabe i don't feel that the term "hippie" has negative connotations, I feel that the term just means that you are a free thinker! & I'm currently celebrating 1yr of natural dreads while at biblical counseling conference in Indiana and no one tells me what to believe. I have lived for 50+ years and have finally exercised the freedom to believe what I want and not to care about what society stereotypes "religious" individuals to look like. Peace and Love from a free thinking Baptist hippie with dreads. Lori

Gabe McCoy said:
Yea I feel the term "hippie" has negative connotations, it's just a stereotype I'm sure everyone has some "hippie" in them, Unless you're told everything to believe I guess (like religious people) and obviously if you have dreads you're a bit of a free thinker

Lex said:

lol

I think that means you guys are hippies ;)

all I wanted to know when I picked up the bottle were how much to dilute it and what the 18 uses were. I couldn't figure either of them out, and thought the rest of the text was distracting at best.

to each their own :)

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form