Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

'Twist and Lock' product

Kaitelyn
@kaitelyn
14 years ago
17 posts
Someone recommended this, saying it was wax free but I'm still sketched out about products in general. Is anyone familiar with this product, good bad or otherwise? http://www.janecartersolution.com/Twist-Lock-4oz.html " With all natural butters, vitamins, and essential oils, Twist & Lock provides much-needed emoliency while increasing moisture and shine on your hair and scalp. This product is formulated for use on freshly twisted hair, as well as in between salon visits. Twist & Lock is the perfect moisturizing product to keep your natural hair healthy and shiny and it doesnt contain any wax or petrolatum!Review by PureZing OrganicsIngredients : Purified Water, Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, Illippe Butter, Mango Butter, Vtamins A, D, & E, Sweet Orange, Lemongrass, Grapefruit, Palmarosa, Cedarwood, Geranium, Bergamot, Rosemary Essential Oils, Jojoba, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid. "
updated by @kaitelyn: 01/13/15 08:49:04PM
TaMMiKiNS
@tammikins
14 years ago
22 posts
I used twist and lock gel two or three times, during my first month... all it seemed to do was get my dreads all gel'ly... it dried pretty quickly, just like gel and then it was like nothing got used at all... and when I cut my dreads about three weeks ago, when I inspected the insides of them and it didn't look like there was any residue in them at all... just a bit of lint here and there... so, I'd say you can use it, sparingly, without any problems, but without any real help, either.
Mandy2
@mandy2
14 years ago
55 posts
seems like its mostly to moisturize/condition the dreads, which is great in the later phases of dreads once they've matured but not in the early stages, it might actually hinder the early locking process if they are conditioned too much.most of the ingredients are similar to what you would make a lotion or conditioner with: emulsifiers, oils, and preservatives...one or two of the ingredients in there i don't recognize, and i just woke up so i'm being kinda lazy about looking things up. gimme like an hour unless someone gets to it before me lol
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
This product is definitely intended for African Americans and will do nothing to help your dreads since you can't twist Caucasian hair and expect it to dread. If your dreads are less then a year or two old this will probably hurt more then anything else.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its for african hair 9only that craves moisture its very bad to use on non african hair yhay needs to be dry to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kaitelyn
@kaitelyn
14 years ago
17 posts
i am still recovering from the crochet hook, i was looking for something somewhat natural to soften/condition a little
Abigail Joy
@abigail-joy
14 years ago
1 posts
I have used this and I loved it. It doesn't have a strong hold, but it doesn't leave your dread stiff or sticky either. It just keeps down the frizz and keeps stuff moisturized.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form