Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Home made locking accelerator

Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts

So, people will say you dont really need to make a homemade locking accelerator, but i dont think my hair would have dreaded without the use of this stuff. I have super oily, thin, dead-straight hair and i could never get it to knot up properly. So I will throw this recipe in to help any newbies who may have experienced the same problem as I did. But dont forget, nothing is better than going for a real dip in the ocean!Ingredients:Hot water, juice from 1 lemon, 2-3tbs sea salt, squirt bottleMethod:add the juice of one lemon to a sprayer bottle full of warm to hot water and 2 to 3 tablespoons of sea salt, shake well, and spray a few times a week. Spray only on your locks, not on your scalp, and be sure to be careful and adjust the solution to your needs. If you make it too strong, you'll burn your scalp and dreads off! It is great to spray on before you go out in the sun too as it works better.

updated by @kath: 09/26/20 11:26:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
u can skip the lemon i dont think it adds muchbut if u use the lemon with sunlight enough it will slowly highlight (bleach) the hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
happens alot and theres always 1 or 2 that get the most sun that are lighter then the rest too

--
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
wish i could go blonde without the risk of losing my hair :( Beksta said:
my locks kinda bleach themselves with lotsa sun exposure, without any lemon LOL my tips are MUCH lighter brown than my roots...and a few tips are kinda verging on blonde! :O
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
lemon juice is way more gentle then peroxidemight attract bees thobut its gradual Kath said:
wish i could go blonde without the risk of losing my hair :(

Beksta said:
my locks kinda bleach themselves with lotsa sun exposure, without any lemon LOL my tips are MUCH lighter brown than my roots...and a few tips are kinda verging on blonde! :O

--
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
Thanks but my hair is way too dark to get the rsults i want without bleac and as i said - i just cant risk it. soaringeagle said:
lemon juice is way more gentle then peroxide
might attract bees tho

but its gradual

Kath said:
wish i could go blonde without the risk of losing my hair :(

Beksta said:
Sputnik0145
@sputnik0145
15 years ago
9 posts
how long do you leave this in for?
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I'd say an hour or two. If you leave it on for days it can make your scalp really itchy. I mean salt corrodes metal. Sputnik1045 said:
Sputnik0145
@sputnik0145
15 years ago
9 posts
Thanks! Ill try this out this weekend. Jo said:
I'd say an hour or two. If you leave it on for days it can make your scalp really itchy. I mean salt corrodes metal.

Sputnik1045 said:
The Mandingo
@the-mandingo
15 years ago
1 posts
this the mandingo so how long do u leave it n Sputnik0145 said:
Thanks! Ill try this out this weekend.

Jo said:
I'd say an hour or two. If you leave it on for days it can make your scalp really itchy. I mean salt corrodes metal.

Sputnik1045 said:
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form