Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

why are you against johnny cleans methods and products

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Oh and I'm looking for the video for you.But another thing that I hate about Jonny Cleans dreads is that they're stiff. One of the best things about hair is that it moves around and feels AWESOME. Stiff dreads just don't have that amusement. Take a look at the gallery...HAHA
updated by @greygargoyle: 07/09/15 06:56:14AM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I don't find uniform dreads to be undesirable. I find high maintenance dreads to be undesirable. Oh and dreadlocks are just a term to describe matted sections of hair. There should be two different terms, one to describe natural locks and the other to describe high maintenance locks. Then I wouldn't have much of a quarrel with them at all.
RootsRasta
@rootsrasta
14 years ago
64 posts
Yes,i would find it really difficult to approach the majority of you with help and advice without getting the..OH YOU USED THIS = your hair is going to fall out / cut it off..its not productive or helpful, and i hope things change to accept everyoneAlex
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
What kind of sugar coated advice would you like? Tell me and that's what kind I'll give.But no in all seriousness...Your hair isn't going to fall out and you don't need to cut it.It's still gonna turn into dreadlocks no matter what crap you put in it but it's either gonna be damaged or dirty depending on what you've used and/or done unless you let it fix itself.But if you were trying to fulfill the vows of the Nazarite then you failed.In that aspect you should cut off your hair and start over if you truly want to fulfill the vows of a Nazarite. But that is just from the religious point of view and in no way do I mean for that to be harsh or biased. The Nazarite vow strictly says to never cut or groom ones hair with any tools except ones own two hands. Alex Ridge said:
Yes,

i would find it really difficult to approach the majority of you with help and advice without getting the..

OH YOU USED THIS = your hair is going to fall out / cut it off..

its not productive or helpful, and i hope things change to accept everyone

Alex
RootsRasta
@rootsrasta
14 years ago
64 posts
ye i am aware in the nazarite vow,i couldnt even for a second keep nazarite, i am a rasta, but it means u cant cut your finger nails for example,, as a musician i couldnt do that.dreads are my identity, how they look, is my personal preferencewe are in the 21st centuary now
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm statistics do apply to the individual statisticly if u use that crap u have a 90% chance of losing your dreads 10% survival rate duh ok 1 in 10 survive and get lucky 1 in 10 that means 1 person is ok does that make the methods and products ok? hell no it means 1 on 10 survive and still have sticky gross dreadsbut are stuburn enough to stick it out accept the stiff sticky dreads and not cut em i say more power to em shows conviction i respect but ids it goods to mess up to begin with?no no dreads should ever be waxedand look a tool that can break a dread if overused does damage if used at all there is no moderation its damage pure and simple there is no safe way to damage a dread just a littlenothing he recomends is really totaly safe nothing is smart nothi9ng is good that is simple truth\u might survive with just a bit of damagebut ok is it smart to drive a car into a wall knowing that 90% die and 10% only have 15 broken bones?does that make driving a car into a wall a good idea?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
lol, I can't even reply with what I think of this statement. Alex Ridge said:
ye i am aware in the nazarite vow,

i couldnt even for a second keep nazarite, i am a rasta, but it means u cant cut your finger nails for example,, as a musician i couldnt do that

dreads are my identity, how they look, is my personal preference

we are in the 21st centuary now
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh and as far as lock peppa helpinglets disect what u saidu said it made backcombing fasterthat doesnt help dreads at all does it?1 backcombings a useless extra step that damages hair2 lock peppa is literaly dirt having dirty hair would make backcombing go faster3 1 wash lock peppa is gone so doesnt do a thing4 dreads dread faster when clean so untill its washed out it slows dreadingso all it does is save u time in doing something u never had to do anyways and cost u money for something u coulda had buy not washing a few days 1st..

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dreads are your identity do you wish to lose your identity in a few years//your dreads health is your choice u can have stiff sticky and moldy or clean free of crap and real it is your choice but we are offering u the truth and not for profit while johny contradicts himself constantly and lies about everything just to sell u harmful crap its your choice to make fall for a lie or listen to truthdo you want dreads for a year or a lifetime

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
im not rassta but never cut my nails u know they break dont u and are helpful to musicians not harmful

--

/ 17

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form