Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

why are you against johnny cleans methods and products

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
a rastafarian just joined who fell for the johnny clean lies so explasin why your against mr clean and his liesjust so he knows its not just me against mr clean but the entire dread community thats not just clueless newbies

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 08:05:41AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Rasta belief (and other similar religious beliefs/vows) are that you allow your locks to happen naturally (ie no manual tampering with hooks or the sort, just your hands)then you just separate them and keep them clean.a lot of what he sells is overpriced and reworded things that are bought easily around the home, I see him as the name brand of dreadlock related stuff)not to be harsh with this but to give you a relative comparison a rasta following the dhhq way of getting locks would be like me throwing on a yamaka (or Yarmulke what have you) and pretending to be Jewish.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha yea waxy dreads are pretending to be dreads but its just hair molded in wax to look like dreadshe lies to scare u into buying useless harmful crapall hair dreads naturealy and no9 it does not take 4 years or look scaryhe scares u into believing u need his crap to be acceptibleand waxy overworked dreads wont last1 on 10,000 last 10 years90% are cut in 3

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Costs money.Ruins hair.Makes nasty dreads that never come clean.Makes dreads look boring.Makes fake dreads...(wax just sticks together to resemble dreads)Kills the spiritual aspect of dreading.Waste of time (Hours spent "fixing" your dreads)Lies to everyone.Degrades natural dreadlocks in hopes of making more money.There are other reasons but that should be enough reasons to convince just about anyone.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dude not everyone wants dreads that have to be cut in a year and i hate to tell u this but lock peppa did absolutely nothing to the dread process..lol youd know that if u didnt use it it makes no difference at allthe problem with johnny is he doesnt tell you his crap will make you lose your dreadshe doesnt tell you if you want dreads to last you cant gunk them up he just assumes that everyone wants instant dreads that are disposablehe doesnt take into account that some people might want to keep themand he lies to sell useless harmful crapyou should know thatwel;l maybe in 3 years when your dreads are in a bag in your closset just a memory then you will know itbut those who already lost dreads will try teaching you if your willing to listen

--
Arturis Static
@arturis-static
14 years ago
51 posts
Interesting topic that I wish doesn't get too religion based. I would have to agree with what SikTh_Man that just because Rastafarians have dreadlocks doesn't mean any other person with dreadlocks shares the same spirituality or belief.I too have felt uncomfortable at times when someone would call me out saying "Hey Rasta!" because even though I respect their beliefs, I cannot say I share the same. And yet my dreads are not product-free or neglected because of my office type job. And I am very thankful that I have a decent job and get to keep my 8 year old dreadlocks !!
RootsRasta
@rootsrasta
14 years ago
64 posts
thanks SIKTH man,well, hate to tell u this but,,jonnyclean has had his dread 4 years, not one of them has dropped out...
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Do you have personal relationship with him?Actually, he cut one of his dreads off in a video and reattached it like Frankenstein. Alex Ridge said:
thanks SIKTH man,

well, hate to tell u this but,,

jonnyclean has had his dread 4 years, not one of them has dropped out...
RootsRasta
@rootsrasta
14 years ago
64 posts
show me the video..no i just hate haters
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I don't know which video it is. I forgot, SE will provide you a link though. I think it is the "lock docta" video. I'm not hating, man. I'm stating the facts.DREADSLOCKS ARE STRONG...no matter what you do to em they will still dread. But in the end it's much better to allow them to dread naturally and that is my OPINION. And everything that I stated in my other post is absolutely TRUE. If Jonny Clean didn't HATE on NATURAL dreads and then tell everyone that we need to buy his shit to be presentable or have REAL dreads then do you think we'd HATE on his fake ass crap locks?lol, sorry about that I got into it. Take care, man. HAHA, I'm weird. Alex Ridge said:
show me the video..

no i just hate haters
 / 17

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form