Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlock sea salt locking accelerator

sam
@sam
15 years ago
40 posts

I had an idea that if I take a bottle and fill it up full of sea-salt and pour some on my head and rinse it out in the shower. Would this help lock up my dreads? This is real sea salt and not table salt.

updated by @sam: 02/14/15 03:29:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
umm well thye way you worded it you said fill the bottle with sea salt and pour it over your headas in straight dry sea saltthats not exactly goodwhat ya wanna do is a solutionsay an average size spray bottle add 2 tablespoons about then the rest water.. shake itt up wellu can either spray it on or dip dreads intry not to get much on the scalp as it can become iritatingits good idea to rinse after awhile (hour or 2) but some leave it on for days..i dont recomend that thoughthis is a basic homemade dreadlock accelerator(bad word really, dreads originaly became popular amung caucasion surfers because the salt water made dreades so hard to avoid)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
sam
@sam
15 years ago
40 posts
Yeah I mixed it with water, I didnt realize untill now how wrong that sounds soaringeagle said:
umm well thye way you worded it you said fill the bottle with sea salt and pour it over your head
as in straight dry sea salt thats not exactly goodwhat ya wanna do is a solutionsay an average size spray bottle add 2 tablespoons about then the rest water.. shake itt up wellu can either spray it on or dip dreads intry not to get much on the scalp as it can become iritatingits good idea to rinse after awhile (hour or 2) but some leave it on for days..i dont recomend that thoughthis is a basic homemade dreadlock accelerator(bad word really, dreads originaly became popular amung caucasion surfers because the salt water made dreades so hard to avoid)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well in that case yes it will help ya dread like crazymake it about the same as sea watera dip in the ocean will do ya good anydaywith dreads natural as can be is the rule, so as closely as u can imitate nature is bestif i was able to wash mine in a stream all the time i would (or waterfall would be heavenly)in nature u might pound the pulp out of some leaves to wash with so when u cant do that the best alternatives are herbs and oils from natural sources(i guess im maybe a hypocrite tho cause what the hecks baking soda made of? i dont think it grows on treees)

--
sam
@sam
15 years ago
40 posts
I only use water, works for me. soaringeagle said:
well in that case yes it will help ya dread like crazy
make it about the same as sea water
a dip in the ocean will do ya good anyday

with dreads natural as can be is the rule, so as closely as u can imitate nature is best
if i was able to wash mine in a stream all the time i would (or waterfall would be heavenly)
in nature u might pound the pulp out of some leaves to wash with so when u cant do that the best alternatives are herbs and oils from natural sources

(i guess im maybe a hypocrite tho cause what the hecks baking soda made of? i dont think it grows on treees)
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
I use the same solution with the sea salt and water and I spray it on after I wash my dreads, I have always just left it in though.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
that never iritated your scalp?i mean salt can eat holes through metal, its corosiveand pretty much any good u get from it u get from it in an hour Electric Mama said:
I use the same solution with the sea salt and water and I spray it on after I wash my dreads, I have always just left it in though.

--
Chevelle Trant
@chevelle-trant
15 years ago
33 posts
Whats even better than salt water solution is taking a dip in the real ocean,, Those waves will knot ya up like crazy,, Damn I wish I was near the ocean again. Maybe me n Soaringeagle can take a little side trip when I get him and go drench our dreads in the sea!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
hey im willin to take a week or 2 side trip if your willing

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
just realized this was in introduce yourself, so i moved it to products (could have fit in general questions as well, but since most "products" stressed here are home made i figured it fit best here

--
 / 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form