Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoo Questions

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok cause I thought I may have felt a little sticky feeling in one dread, but that went away after my hair dried. So I'll keep an eye out for any of the build up signs you mentioned. If build up does actually occur, can I just use ACV (or vinegar in general) to get it out or in a case like this would I have to also use baking soda?

updated by @ravens-light: 10/14/16 06:48:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

that's exactly what to watch out for

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

If build up does actually occur with a soap like this beer soap, could I just use ACV (or could I use white vinegar) to get it out or in a case like this would I have to also use baking soda in a case like this?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

id try the acv 1st if that doesn't do it you might need a anti residue or clarifying shampoo

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, just in case, would drbronner's work to clarify, or is there another brand I should look for? I would hope to be able to find a clarifying shampoo locally that would be ok for dreads if it is needed. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

nutragena and suave both make them but they are harsh..and toxic..only safe to use every few months (i saw 4 times a year max)

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So we one of them like every 3 months if need be? I think I'd go find the one by suave, as it is pretty easy to find.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

yea and doesn't smell like dirt like nutragena

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Yeah, suave products smell alright...kinda wish they were safe to use on dreads due to thier price. Although I am glad that my beer soap is probably safe, cause it makes my hair smell nice for about two days.

dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
8 years ago
156 posts

End of the week i will try the Bronners Teatree barsoap. The liquid Bronners did not work out in the beginning of my journey because of

the hard water types in my area. I will leave a reply in this post how the barsoap works on my dreads. I am having the same problems of finding good available or local products for washing my dreads. For the last 2 month i have been using plain white soap, but it is way to harsh to the skin for using it a long time. So, the search is not over yet, but i hope to find affordable alternatives soon!

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form