Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoo Questions

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, so I guess I'll just use it as a body wash then, either that or just pitch it. I have been wondering if this soap is ok for my dreds, I mean I'm thinking it may not be but I wanted to be sure it's called: OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo with these ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sufonate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Coco Isostearamide, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Glycol Stearate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-6, Polyquaternium-10, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 40 (CI 16035). 

This one too is another one that if it's not good for my dreads I may just use for a different purpose.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

i would skip that 1 how bout the beer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

From the packaging of the beer soap: The one has Beer along with (sapponified oils of) Sodium Oliviate (olive), Sodium Cocoate (coconut), Sodium palm kernelate (sustainable Palm kernel, Sodium Cocoa Butterate (Cocoa Butter), Sodium Shea Butterate (Shea Butter), Sodium Almondate (refined Sweet Almond), Sodium Sunflorate (high Oleic Sunflower) & Fragrance.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea the ingredients list in that 1 is highly questionable

if you read the ingredients and cant tell if its a soap, chemical weapon, or ingredients in a bomb or insecticide i'd leave it be

the ingredients should be recognizable as natural ingredients (some use only the latin names, some common names, some both...so if it looks like latin, not just chemical concoctions look it up

looking up each chemical can be enlightening (and sometimes terrifying) tooo

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

Raven's Light:

From the packaging of the beer soap: The one has Beer along with (sapponified oils of) Sodium Oliviate (olive), Sodium Cocoate (coconut), Sodium palm kernelate (sustainable Palm kernel, Sodium Cocoa Butterate (Cocoa Butter), Sodium Shea Butterate (Shea Butter), Sodium Almondate (refined Sweet Almond), Sodium Sunflorate (high Oleic Sunflower) & Fragrance.

again highly conditioning

your dreads are mature so highly conditionings ok ..in limitedd use

but after 6 months using it you may wonder why  your hairs seeming less mature, with longer  looser roots and no new dreads forming

body soaps generally are conditioning to soften dry skin

look at dove that's 3/4 moisturizers

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So that leaves me with using dr. Bronners as of right now on my dreads, and a whole lot of choices for body soaps, haha. Guessing I may want to try that Yardley soap since the ingredients in that seemed ok.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So out of all the soaps I had asked questions about, would that beer soap still be relatively safe to use on my hair? I mean I know it would condition my hair, but how often could I get away with washing with it until it would do too much conditioning to my hair? Or would it be best to avoid it entirely?

updated by @ravens-light: 10/11/16 09:47:40AM
PanamaR3D
@panamar3d
8 years ago
13 posts

Do you have a Target near by?  I have heard their California Baby lavender and tea tree is good, you have to get it from the baby department.  If you have a whole foods, earth fare, or fresh thyme they will usually have Avalon organics clarifying, of the Shea moisture African black soap deep clean shampoo which also works.  

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

My closest Target isn't as local as I would like, it's still a bit of hike  from being considered super local, same with whole foods (living in a large city can be a pain), but I will keep in mind the Avalon organics clarifying shampoo and the Shea moisture African black soap. By deep clean shampoo do you mean the apple cider vinegar and baking soda soak?

So would anyone know if that beer soap I mentioned above would still be relatively safe to use on my hair? I mean I know it would condition my hair, but how often could I get away with washing with it until it would do too much conditioning to my hair? Or would it be best to avoid it entirely and buy the other bar soap I mentioned that started this thread (and or go track down one of the suggestions/ investigate a different new soap)?

updated by @ravens-light: 10/11/16 10:20:12AM

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form