Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoo Questions

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
2 years ago
338 posts

Hi, 

I was at my local CVS pharmacy, to scout out my local shampoo options, which sadly seems to be the easiest place to find shampoos for dreads. I had a question about two that I found. One of them was a lavender bar soap by Yardley, and the other one was an olive oil shampoo, by ORC (and I'm not entirely certain if I am right on the brand, but I'm pretty sure) . After doing some online research I think the olive oil shampoo may contain Panthenol, and Lecithin, both of which I am unsure if they are good for dreads. So thus why I am asking the question here before I even decide to think about buying either of these products, as I would rather not waste money on them if I don't have to. is either of these products good for/safe for dreads? 

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give!

updated by @ravens-light: 10/14/16 03:09:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,423 posts

the olive oil 1 would be extremely conditioning..so no

i never heard of either brand, but cvs isn't where id look for dread friendly shampoos

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
2 years ago
338 posts

So would that bar soap I found be possibly worth trying? (one bar of it is extremely cheap, which could be great...or really bad depending on the soap). Also, any advice on what kind of shops I could try to find locally that may have more dread friendly products?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,423 posts

have you tried etsy?

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
2 years ago
338 posts

I haven't mainly because I've been trying to find something more local so as to avoid the expense of shipping that online purchases entail, but I'll take a look on there anyway, just to see what they have. If I find anything I may end up posting about it on this topic thread.  

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
2 years ago
338 posts

I did look into the products on etasy, some a reasonably priced, some are a little much. I was wondering if the soap at this link was any good?:https://www.etsy.com/listing/255708749/blood-orange-honeysuckle-soap-natural?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=dreadlocks%20shampoo&ref=sr_gallery_34

I will keep etsy in mind for future use, I might still try that bar soap I found yesterday....after doing a bit more on it.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
2 years ago
338 posts

I found a blog post on here from one of the members that actually mentions the soap I talked about in the start of this topic I have included the link below: 

https://www.dreadlockssite.com/shade-of-ashes/blog/1382/6-month-journey

I would like to know anyone's thoughts on this as the soap is quite inexpensive and locally available. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,423 posts

they look reasonably good and offers samples upon request

i'd ask her about hard water specificly

otherwise looks like a reasonably good 1

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
2 years ago
338 posts

So as per the link on here to that blog post entry on the soap by Yardley, would it possibly be worth a try?

I actually just found a link explaining what is in the soap and what the ingredients actually are (thankfully there aren't really any chemicals...I mean it may not actually be a vegan product, but that's ok for me):http://www.newenglandsoaps.com/tag/yardleys-english-lavender/

So with this new information would it be worth trying?

updated by @ravens-light: 09/16/16 09:24:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,423 posts

for a commercial soap.it might be worth trying

--
 / 7

Dislike 0

Share This