Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help with smooth silky hair

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

your rubbing..thats how you can rub away months worth of progress ..even just towel drying

the rubbing can create knots  or unknot them all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
8 years ago
36 posts

aussie:

Ok I will check my water. I still don't see how the wool rubbing will erase progress though

It's completely logical if you take a minute to think about it. I'm no expert whatsoever but there's golden rule with dreads and also a reason why "neglect" method is considered the best. If you leave you hair alone as much as possible and only in that scenario will your hair get locked the best and those natural locks last the longest. It's impossible to artificially force hair to do anything other than cutting it off or dying it, everything else will wear off over time, well those 2 effects included. But if you're leaving it be, then you basically give your hair time and place to figure out which hair does it want to connect with and eventually locks form. If you're rubbing with wool or anything else, you're doing something unnatural, plus you're also rubbing already dreaded hair, causing it to leave it's original place and falling out eventually. Perhaps african hair can be an exception from this rule, some (black) people claim that rubbing helps them form dreads, but I suppose this is only true with very short african dreads.

Sry man I really don't mean to be rude of anything, but some of your replies in this topic seems to be just a bit...a tiny bit ignorant to me.

updated by @alienemotion: 08/14/16 12:41:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

well, a lot of people come here not knowing much about dreads

think about in the past how many came and didn't even know dreads would form on their own without help

theres so much conflicting info out there it would confuse anyone

--
aussie
@aussie
8 years ago
7 posts

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I am kinda new to this lol first time ever trying dreads. I get what you're saying about letting my hair do what it wants, I'm just saying..since I've stopped rubbing, I have noticed a pause in progress.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

really? in a week?  your not going to really notice changes in progress in a week

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form