Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

All my dreads are being crazy!

Niesje Sigrid
@niesje-sigrid
11 years ago
56 posts

All my dreads are either folding in half or flat or splitting in half part way down the dread. Will it hurt for them to for this way? Or should I intervene?

updated by @niesje-sigrid: 01/13/15 09:52:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

lets see em the slits at the roots this is commonluy from forced sections that would naturly be 2 dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Niesje Sigrid
@niesje-sigrid
11 years ago
56 posts

They are completely free form, I didn't do anything to force them. All I've done is wash and separate. Let me see if I can get a decent pic.

Niesje Sigrid
@niesje-sigrid
11 years ago
56 posts

It started as one dread and then the ends split.

updated by @niesje-sigrid: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Those should be fine. Sometimes they split, and stay split. Sometimes they completely tangle together into 1 lock. The folding is normal. Not everyone experiences it. But it generally doesn't hurt your locks at all. Keep any eye on the tips, though. If they start to get blunt, you may want tointervenea little. But if they stay pretty wispy, let it ride

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

hi, well i dont have any blunt tips as of now but how can u avoid them? i mean what can u do if they get blunt?

Baba Fats said:

Those should be fine. Sometimes they split, and stay split. Sometimes they completely tangle together into 1 lock. The folding is normal. Not everyone experiences it. But it generally doesn't hurt your locks at all. Keep any eye on the tips, though. If they start to get blunt, you may want tointervenea little. But if they stay pretty wispy, let it ride

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

None of mine folded over, but some did just blunt on their own. I took some jojoba oil and massaged it into the very tip of my lock and gently brushed it so it was wispy again. I have one of those "old man" brushes, where the bristles are close together and kind of stiff. It worked great and didn't do any damage that I can notice.

Or you can use the jojoba oil and massage it in, then, by hand, try and loosen up the tip. Your hands will get pretty oily, though.

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

thanx baba . i really want my tips to stay a little loose all the time. i like the look n i have learnt that its better for drying too. i'll use the jojoba oil if n when they start gettin blunted. thanx for the tip. cheers.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form