dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Perhaps ending my journey :(

Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

Hey.

I'm thinking about ending my short dreadlock journey.

I can't seem to get the dandruff out of my hair. No matter what I do. I use the Tea tree soapbar from dreadlockshampoo.com but nothing. I do have hard water, but still. I rinse in cold.

And I still have some sebum production. Like.. When I went to the shower today, and washed. Everything was fine. If i rub my scalp now, i get small white bits on my finger, and if i smell, it smells. It's not bad, but its there...

I really don't know what to do anymore..

updated by @gingerlocks: 02/14/15 03:25:31AM
Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

I wash my hair every second day btw..

Pete
@pete
11 years ago
67 posts

This is what i was told :

Jojoba oil
Teatree
rosemary
peppermint
Mix them together in a spray bottle, and add a lot of water

These are essential oils.

6oz spray bottle. 15-20 drops each of teatree and rosemary. 10-15 peppermint. A good squirt of jojoba. And the rest with water

shake well before each use.

Jah Bless.

Pete
@pete
11 years ago
67 posts

I'm 5 months on my journey, my girlfriend putted Virgin coconut oil in my scalp, and all the dandruff ended + the itchiness

This was like few days ago.

I recommend it, it made my dreads also softer, but might be quite conditioning for new dreadlocks.

Hope u get it off, dandruff can be painful !

Pete
@pete
11 years ago
67 posts

I also would recommend adding extra day to your washing, every second day is quite alot, for sensitive scalps.

These shampoos are quite strong, atleast for me.

every 3 day wash won't dry your scalp too much

Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

I really dont eat bad AT all.

ginger.rose
@gingerrose
11 years ago
45 posts

Maybe I said this to you before... Have you tried using hot distilled water to dissolve the BS to do the BS/ACV wash and rinse? (Or any wash/rinse for that matter?)... Also, you may want to try the Mosalu soaps from Etsy - I had an issue with dandruff, and alternating between BS/ACV and the Mosalu seems to have solved it. the folks here also recommend a cold water rinse before you step out of the shower. Then between showers, i massage my scalp to stimulate release of dead skin and improve circulation.

My water is funky - it's hard water, with a softener; but something is wrong with my softener, so I get buildup and dandruff if I deviate at all from my wash routine. It's to the point where if I experiment with anything, I make sure I have no where to go that day ;)

Another tip that works for some people if to boil the hard water first, then let it stand to let the heavy stuff settle to the bottom of the pan. Then pour off and use everything but the last bit in the pan; leaving much of the mineral problem behind. Cheaper than bottled water...

PS - dreadlockshampoo, with my strange water, makes my head smell like something died. I love her products, but something just doesn't work for me there. That's another reason I tried the Mosalu.

ginger.rose
@gingerrose
11 years ago
45 posts

i second the diet statement - it certainly can be a factor!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Sorry to hear about your scalp problems, it must be very discouraging for you, enough to perhaps end your journey, they look fantastic on you too, but you gotta do what you gotta do...I am not sure if I ever sent you this link for a deep cleanse which was posted by Soaring Eagle at one time. Good luck with everything Gingerlocks.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for?xg_source=activity

Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

I have got the 'Kiss My Face whenever' shampoo which i am going to give a go.. and if not. I'm ending it.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form