Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

TREATMENT FOR HEAD LICE?

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
3 years ago
173 posts

HEY DREAD PEOPLE. WASSUP..! Okay well i have been takin all measures to keep my hair healthy n clean.. i have a lil doubt that hopefully will get solved after posting this discussion..

my concern is lice and the way u get rid of them 1nce u have them..

i have been usin tea tree oil regularly on my hair but im not sure what if i still have lice in the future..?? how do u get rid of them once u get them..? anny suggestions ? thank u for reading everybody. peace :)


updated by @ojas-acharya: 01/13/15 09:51:03PM
DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
3 years ago
44 posts

Soaring Eagle would be the best person to ask!!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
3 years ago
1,302 posts

Too help keep lice from ever coming, spritz hair daily with a mixture of water and about 10-30 drops of tea tree oil, depending on the size spray bottle. This works for dreaded and undreaded hair, safe and great to use on school age children, as they are usually the ones that bring them home. Just give the bottle a good shake each time before using to mix the oil up and spritz lightly just a few times. The aroma will keep the little buggers from hopping on, they don't like the smell. A great deterrent!

Yes, read Soaring Eagles post on methods to get rid of lice if you have them. My comments above is to help ensure you don't get them.....Good luck.....peace

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
3 years ago
44 posts

is it true that lice don't generally attach themselves to chemically treated hair?

KnotLady
@knotlady
3 years ago
302 posts

henna can work. it suffocated them. but i recently read about a new 'super lice' that has become resistant to traditional treatments. not sure if that applies to henna and alcohol though.

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
3 years ago
173 posts

i have vinegar and i can easily get neem seed oil n henna . but what kinda alcohol is that..? i have no idea what that is.. n where i can get that.. and can u pls tell me how u use henna for this? i mean how do u apply and for how long preferably do u have to keep it? thanx for replying . :)

KnotLady said:

henna can work. it suffocated them. but i recently read about a new 'super lice' that has become resistant to traditional treatments. not sure if that applies to henna and alcohol though.

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
3 years ago
173 posts

hi zombiekitten.. well i have absolutely no idea if they dont attach themselves to chemically treated hair or no... but as barrellady said they are more common amongst school kids who constantly hug and play around with each other. and the buggers crawl from 1 head to other and spread..

i had my lil cousin at my place 2 days back and i was cuddling and playing with her for quite long.. (she is cute lol). but i observed she was scratching her head quite a lot and asked her mom what was wrong with her.. her mom said she has lice.. and i was like WTF!!!! (with my jaw dropped down :P)

immediately as they left i posted this discussion lol. :P

zombiekitten said:

is it true that lice don't generally attach themselves to chemically treated hair?

KnotLady
@knotlady
3 years ago
302 posts

oh no!!! any time im with a child or my child is with a child and they scratch their head i get super paranoid!. for the henna, i would leave it on at least 3 hours. im not using any source info oin that... hennaforhair.com might have more accurate info. SE would have the correct way to use alcohol. and i do know its rubbing alcohol.

Ojas Acharya said:

hi zombiekitten.. well i have absolutely no idea if they dont attach themselves to chemically treated hair or no... but as barrellady said they are more common amongst school kids who constantly hug and play around with each other. and the buggers crawl from 1 head to other and spread..

i had my lil cousin at my place 2 days back and i was cuddling and playing with her for quite long.. (she is cute lol). but i observed she was scratching her head quite a lot and asked her mom what was wrong with her.. her mom said she has lice.. and i was like WTF!!!! (with my jaw dropped down :P)

immediately as they left i posted this discussion lol. :P

zombiekitten said:

is it true that lice don't generally attach themselves to chemically treated hair?

Cindy
@cindy
3 years ago
3 posts

I am not sure if I had caught them or was just paranoid and itching, but I was advised to use the plastic wrap treatment with vinegar and cheyenne. So I guess it was like hot sauce for the little buggers. Warning though do NOT let it drip into your eyes, mouth, or ears and be in a ventilated or outside area. If I had caught them it was enough to wipe them out and I never seen a sign of them. Best of luck to you.

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus