Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads falling out?

DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

After every shower i feel like my dreads fall out so much and only tighten back up a tiny little bit . is there any thing i should do to prevent this or is this normal?

i use a dread soap bar and i only scrub my scalp. I'm not very harsh to them its just the weight of the water making them fall out. Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated.

updated by @dreadfullyjaded: 02/14/15 04:46:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its normal and nothing to do they will get tighter down the road just wait it out

the liquid has sea salt so wiull help make em tighter its worth try

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
How old are they? If you started them by backcombing or TnR that's common. Those methods are just to start sections and are blueprints more or less. They'll eventually knot up. Just don't redo them. Its normal for them to readjust themsleves :)
DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

i spray them with seawater after showers

soaring eagle said:

its normal and nothing to do they will get tighter down the road just wait it out

the liquid has sea salt so wiull help make em tighter its worth try

DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

i started with TnR a month ago more or less

Thank you so much!!

Cristin Nessen said:

How old are they? If you started them by backcombing or TnR that's common. Those methods are just to start sections and are blueprints more or less. They'll eventually knot up. Just don't redo them. Its normal for them to readjust themsleves :)
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
You wanna do that before showers. Leaving it in longer than a couple hours can be overdrying to the hair
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

if you have a powerful showerhead & new baby dreads it could be blasting knots out. turn down your showerhead (if ya can) or get a pitcher or jar or something to pour the water over your head, or you can "mermaid" it in the tub. loosening & tightening is a part of the process, but sometimes you need to change a little something to help get over a hump ;)

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
You're welcome! Have fun on this crazy journey!
DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

oh! ok thank you i will do this next time

Cristin Nessen said:

You wanna do that before showers. Leaving it in longer than a couple hours can be overdrying to the hair
DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

i have a really old house and shower so it's pretty weak i actually didn't like it at first but now with the dreads i'm grateful for that.

Ixchel said:

if you have a powerful showerhead & new baby dreads it could be blasting knots out. turn down your showerhead (if ya can) or get a pitcher or jar or something to pour the water over your head, or you can "mermaid" it in the tub. loosening & tightening is a part of the process, but sometimes you need to change a little something to help get over a hump ;)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form