Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Elvira Figueroa
@elvira-figueroa
11 years ago
24 posts

So my hair is growing and that means i need to update my roots, which ive never done so i dont know how i heard you can just rub it against your head to create knots?

updated by @elvira-figueroa: 01/13/15 09:44:42PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

you don't need to do anything to your roots. roots FAQ the growing hair will knot as it grows & be fine, as they mature there will probably be less loose roots, but loose roots are normal & healthy & you don't have to actively "do" anything for them!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

There's nothing you need to do, nor should you do to your roots.

Baby locks have between 1-3 inches of straight hair at the root. Fully mature.locks have between 1/4 - 1 inch of straight hair there.

The loose hair snags onto itself and tightens up all by itself. Rubbing your roots against your scalp only breaks hair and makes roots thinner and weaker. It is also like rubbing a dull brillo pad against your scalp. You can create sores under your locks that you can't get to. No one wants open sores on their head.

If roots didn't tighten on their own, Eagle would have 5 inches of locked hair and 15 feet of straight hair coming out of his scalp. I'd have 4-5 inches of locked hair and 20+ inches of straight hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the roots take care of themselves theres absolutely nothing you should do but wait for it to dread on its own

they will be loose for many months then tighten up but not till nearly mature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form