Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

I get why people use wax now...

Jai2
@jai2
4 years ago
15 posts

i use the word move very loosely lol. i just rewatched parts of his vids. i remember where he points out its sticking to his face and wanna see it again, but dont quite have the patience to find the part. i wish i wouldve seen his vids before my first set though, just cause when he says "what im telling you is completely unbiased. the people telling you not to use wax are biased." red flag. he sells the shit, so how is he not biased, as opposed to us that advise against it that have nothing to gain from others not using it.
he also says that wax works by getting on the inside of the dread so dirt and stuff dont get trapped since hair is on the outside, then explains dread rot being water forming mildew in the dreads, coincidentally alongside all the gunk in there. sorry for the long rant, but thats what started happening with my first set so i kinda have a bone to pick with people like him.

soaring eagle said:

u actualy saw a jonny clean dread move? or did he move it by hand

ive studied his vids watchubg him bounce around like a clown but his dreads never budged..

and it was funny when he even pointed out the 1 that was gluyed to his face as hes talking about wax not making dreads ticky the vid freezes an arrow pops up and a caotion..is that a dread stuck to my cheek?

why dont ppl get it..hes laughing at the ignorance of his customers

updated by @jai2: 07/23/15 04:24:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,421 posts

haqha yea he contradicts himself constantl;u

i dont get hgow people can even think hes telling the truth when he says exact oposites all the time

the thing i noticed however is his visual edits arent just to look cool they are designed to distract you from thinking about what hes saying

anytime hes lying not =making sense or contradicting something he just said theres always a silhoutte of a bouncing butt or a trippy edit or something going on to distract you from thinking

in a way he is a master marketeer or scammer in that he can tell you hes lying while mking you think its thr truth just cause hes able to keep you from thinking art all

John Daubenmeyer said:

i use the word move very loosely lol. i just rewatched parts of his vids. i remember where he points out its sticking to his face and wanna see it again, but dont quite have the patience to find the part. i wish i wouldve seen his vids before my first set though, just cause when he says "what im telling you is completely unbiased. the people telling you not to use wax are biased." red flag. he sells the shit, so how is he not biased, as opposed to us that advise against it that have nothing to gain from others not using it.
he also says that wax works by getting on the inside of the dread so dirt and stuff dont get trapped since hair is on the outside, then explains dread rot being water forming mildew in the dreads, coincidentally alongside all the gunk in there. sorry for the long rant, but thats what started happening with my first set so i kinda have a bone to pick with people like him.

soaring eagle said:

u actualy saw a jonny clean dread move? or did he move it by hand

ive studied his vids watchubg him bounce around like a clown but his dreads never budged..

and it was funny when he even pointed out the 1 that was gluyed to his face as hes talking about wax not making dreads ticky the vid freezes an arrow pops up and a caotion..is that a dread stuck to my cheek?

why dont ppl get it..hes laughing at the ignorance of his customers

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Jai2
@jai2
4 years ago
15 posts

yeah i noticed that with the effects too. theyre a big reason its so hard to get through the vids. just so annoying. i found the part it sticks to his face though. if you look close it kinda moves along with his jaw as he talks xD i dont quite get the dread butta either... put something in your hair to cover up the feeling that you just put something else in your hair. id like him to cut the last few inches of that thing off and dissect it just to see how much leftover gunk and nastyness is there.

soaring eagle said:

i dont get hgow people can even think hes telling the truth when he says exact oposites all the time

the thing i noticed however is his visual edits arent just to look cool they are designed to distract you from thinking about what hes saying

anytime hes lying not =making sense or contradicting something he just said theres always a silhoutte of a bouncing butt or a trippy edit or something going on to distract you from thinking

in a way he is a master marketeer or scammer in that he can tell you hes lying while mking you think its thr truth just cause hes able to keep you from thinking art all

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,421 posts

in a couple vids he has cut them..accross tho wich makes it hard to see whats inside also i notice everytime he has cut 1 theres a bead on it jhust above where he cuts..like a marker yet no other time do u ever see a bead ..i suspect those he cut aresynthetic that he crochet on just to cut off and say see no wax inside

John Daubenmeyer said:

yeah i noticed that with the effects too. theyre a big reason its so hard to get through the vids. just so annoying. i found the part it sticks to his face though. if you look close it kinda moves along with his jaw as he talks xD i dont quite get the dread butta either... put something in your hair to cover up the feeling that you just put something else in your hair. id like him to cut the last few inches of that thing off and dissect it just to see how much leftover gunk and nastyness is there.

soaring eagle said:

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Jai2
@jai2
4 years ago
15 posts

makes sense. all i know is i had water to to searing hot to try to save my first set, and when i took them out dissected the remainders and was disgusted with what i found. there was not much wax left over in them, but there was dirt dust and mold starting to form. wish i wouldve taken pics lol. isnt there someone from this site that used wax once and years later still had build up from it?

soaring eagle said:

in a couple vids he has cut them..accross tho wich makes it hard to see whats inside also i notice everytime he has cut 1 theres a bead on it jhust above where he cuts..like a marker yet no other time do u ever see a bead ..i suspect those he cut aresynthetic that he crochet on just to cut off and say see no wax inside

KnotLady
@knotlady
4 years ago
302 posts

wow all this talk about johnny clean is trippin me out. he sounds like asick individual.ive gone backto the dreadheadhq website and looked at the picture of him and his girlfriend or whatever and her dreads look especially strange. i saw another picture of him and he just looked...gross. i cringe when i think of the way wax would feel on the skin.

Lauren3
@lauren3
4 years ago
1 posts

I didn't even mean to have dreads when I first got them. I was riding trains around the country and they just happened one day. Greatest thing to ever happen to me though. I didn't know people bought all kinds of wax and things for their dreads either.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,421 posts

98i just went to a gathering camping in the woods and dreads happened its so easy to dread unles u make it harder and only way to profit from it is to make it harder

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Autumn2
@autumn2
4 years ago
18 posts

Wow, well said.

Lisa Wade
@lisa-wade
4 years ago
20 posts

I do agree that the ones I didn't maneuver are the best, although I do like to palm roll some to smooth them out, especially in the front.

I don't like what crocheting does--I've seen people who have and generally they are not very happy in the end and try to figure out how to loosen them back up.

Ever since coming to this site I have become more aware of just letting my dreads do their thing.

/ 5

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus