Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Comb out dreadlocks or keep them, that is the question

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Thank you all! I needed that pep talk! I was doubting myself big time. I feel a lot better now. It's also good to know that other people go through the same thing!!

updated by @amy-jo: 07/18/15 02:49:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i know dozens of people in their 60s and 70s with long dreass to the knees you will definately get noticed with dreads just dont assume that cay=use they are staring they are thnking bad houghts im sure b4 u dreaded u stared alot too at other dreadies in envy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

SE, thank you. My daughter said the same thing to me today. She is one of the few who supported my decision to dread. She told me that people look because they wish they had the guts to do it and because it looks great on me. (she's pretty smart for 16) :)

I'm going to continue my dread journey and am VERY thankful that I've found this group of caring people! Thank you all again!!!

BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

keep your chin up!! the only difference between you and alot of us is a number!!!! we re all gona get looks and comments but u jus gotta let it because 'they dont know'

they dont know what this means to you, they dont know who your are becomming, they dont know the journey you are on.

BUT YOU DO. and thats what u have to hold on to. whatever the thing is that makes u different - tattoos, clothes, coloured hair, dreads.... the choices we make create the beings we are!!!

and you are a beautiful being - embrace it.. youve ernt it!!

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

BlasphenyBlack, that was very sweet, thank you!! I've always been a "do what you want regardless of what others think" sort of person, but for some reason I let some people get to me about this. I am getting myself back on track thanks to the people in this group! It's funny because young people, my kids friends, LOVE my dreads! ha ha ah and... I am thankful to have hair to dread! Chemo sucks!!! When I stopped chemo my hair grew like crazy!

DeepIntotheBlue
@deepintotheblue
12 years ago
1 posts
Oh you aren't a mess :) I'm just about 2 months into my journey and I have my days. Sometimes I feel so unsatisfied with how they look, but I know I'd be so upset if I combed them out. And at first the stares did bother me too, but I just realized that I couldn't focus on the negative thoughts other people had on MY hair. You just have to remind yourself of the reasons you decided to start your journey, don't let that ego trick you ;)
Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

It's so good to keep hearing from people who felt the same way at times. I don't feel like such a mess! Thank you! :)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form