Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whens the best time to start washing my dreads?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

best method i to simply air dry them. go outside and soak up some sun. If they are thicker, or have to go out somewhere, you could hit them with a blow dryer for a couple of minutes just to dry the outside. If they are thicker, too, wring them out with a towel to draw out the excess water that is trapped inside

updated by @baba-fats: 07/23/15 04:43:11PM
Kazi Khadka
@kazi-khadka
12 years ago
22 posts

same goes for me..

Colyn Robinson said:

Im using the twist and rip method; as to my hair texture im not sure. My hair is normally thick and very silky since i took good care of it. My hair curled at the ends and got more curly if i had a bummy day and didnt shower. I have a regualr base shampoo with no mosturizers or additives i dont know how well that will work. Im all about the baking soda wash if thats what will help me.
Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts
Im curious about sea salt sprays, i have salt water aquariums at my house and mix water all the time. Is it possible to use that water for sprays? And if so whens the best time to start doing that?
Kazi Khadka
@kazi-khadka
12 years ago
22 posts

but I think, whatever you do, it takes a massive amount of time for loops to form in thick and silky hair..

Kazi Khadka said:

same goes for me..

Colyn Robinson said:

Im using the twist and rip method; as to my hair texture im not sure. My hair is normally thick and very silky since i took good care of it. My hair curled at the ends and got more curly if i had a bummy day and didnt shower. I have a regualr base shampoo with no mosturizers or additives i dont know how well that will work. Im all about the baking soda wash if thats what will help me.
Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts
Did my first BS wash today and im really worried. I made my solution slowly poured it on my head, massaged a little into my scalp for itching, then wrapped my hair up for a bit like i read. Then i took a shower and rinsed my hair while in there, squeezed my locks after to get excess water out and now im letting them dry. My baby locks are really frizzy and didnt seem to loosen up any yet like i thought. Can someone let me know if i made a mistake or if this cleaning method seems okay to continue with?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u dont got to wrap em up u dont git to squeeze em out u dont gotta massage it in

you did fine but did u do acv after?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts
No i didnt do ACV. I've been trying to find something to read up on that but i cant find anything. Care to share?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its all over here hairs ph is 5-5.5 nutral (water) 7 baking soda is aboyt a 10 i think achv 4ish

when yoiu use baking soda you make the hair and scalp alkam]line this dries it out and makes it itxch to be healthy the hair needs to be in the right ph range so acv restores the ph ballence

make it very weak till mature tho and rinse imeditely..when matutre make it stronger and soak 3 min

always rindse out bs b4 u do acv or they chemicaly errupt into a volcano on your head

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts
So am i adding acv to water and just letting it soak in my hair? If thats the case is there a specific ratio to mix?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

for baby locks, use about 1/2 a cap of ACV to a gallon of water. let it doak for about 30 seconds and then rinse. For mature locks, you can use about a full cap to 1 gallon, and let it soak for a minute or 3 then rinse

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form