Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help with shampoo!! dry locks and nut allergy :(

Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

So my dreads are 18 days old and I'm loving them!!!! they were started with crochet method but after finding this site 1 hour after they where done I threw the hook away never again to be used. I've done very little matience apart from washing them with BS and ACV every 3 days and separating them on a morning.

Ive been using the ACV to loosen them a bit as they where a little tight after crocheting but now they feel fine and nice and spongey so I was planning on only doing one more wash with the ACV and continuing with just the BS but my dreads feel really dry!!

Ive have some frizz and loose hairs which i have learned to love (all because of this site) but is the dryness normal? I have been looking into dreadlock shampoo to maybe make them a little less dry and I've noticed that http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com is highly recommended but I'm severely allergic to nuts and when I've checked it out all of their shampoos and soaps contain coconut oil :(!!

Can anyone recommend a shampoo or something that is dread friendly and will help with the dryness (if thats not normal) thats nut free? Thankssss :D

updated by @harriet: 01/13/15 09:24:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

add adoe juice to the acv or jojoba oil

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

oo i will do :)!! how much would i have to add and I'm leaving the ACV on for about 3 mins is this enough or should i leave it on for longer?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

not alot since they are young and thats plenty long

aloe maybe a few spoonfuls 3 or 4 ..maybe less jojoba 1/4 to 1/2 dropper full

actualy id try less then that 1st try if its still lil dry try lil more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

okay thanks a lot :D!!

RSavage26
@rsavage26
12 years ago
50 posts

I have a nut allergy too and I'm not sure exactly what kind of nuts you're allergic to but coconuts are not really nuts. They're the seeds of the coconut palm. So you're probably fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut#cite_note-COD-2 ~ I know it's Wikipedia, but check the sources that go with each line.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form