Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Beanie while sleeping?

Carlos Baca
@carlos-baca
6 years ago
7 posts

I'm 3 weeks into dreads, not looking togreatand they keep falling out. my wife back combs them once a week since they fall out. This week we used "locking gel" to help keep them from falling out and the mrs. thinks that i should sleep with a beanie hat on. what do think???

oh and i wash the dreads once a week with super diluted dawn and rinse with water in the shower twice a week since i work in a very dirty place.

updated by @carlos-baca: 01/13/15 09:23:05PM
Alexandra
@alexandra
6 years ago
16 posts

Personally, I think you should just let them be. no more back combing. Let them form naturally now, it may take a bit longer, but your hair will thank you in the end. Dreads take a lot of patience, so just hang in there!

James Turk
@james-turk
6 years ago
107 posts

Backcombing is very damaging. Let them form naturally or do twist and rip. Wash with baking soda/ACV rinse. You can try the beanie, it won't hurt, but you'll probably find it on the floor when you wake up.

Tara C
@tara-c
6 years ago
645 posts

Backcombing sometimes comes loose again, but you shouldn't re-backcomb. If they come loose, leave them alone and be patient and they'll dread. I backcombed mine very loosely, and yeah they came loose, but they dreaded anyway. Re-backcombing will just stop it making progress cos you're constantly messing with it. Sleeping in a beanie...I don't know, some people say that sleeping on a wool tam helps, but for some people it makes their hair congo like crazy. Three weeks isn't a long time, so just stay patient. Try a sea salt spray, that might help you a bit too, but make sure to wash it off again after a while.

Carlos Baca
@carlos-baca
6 years ago
7 posts

Alright thanks everyone!

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form