Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about drying

greenblayza
@greenblayza
13 years ago
17 posts

After I wash my hair with the BS mix, I pat it down with a towel and then shake my head. I usually do a lot of shaking and I'm wondering if that can keep them from forming at all?

updated by @greenblayza: 01/13/15 09:11:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the patting will more then the shaking the shaking will help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

i would not use a towel at all, just do some shaking and a full air dry.

im not sure about "to much shaking" but i have noticed it keeps them small, if you want small babies to start i would. dunno for sure though. and SE will most likely set us both right on this if im doing it wrong to lol. i so a lot of shaking though. it just feels good, im still new to long hair :)

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

wait, what SE? what helps more? lol do you mean the patting will help more than the shaking?

FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts

i feel like the towel shouldnt make any difference as long as your not rubbing or anything extreme. I just throw the towel on my head, press PRESS press, then shake my head, and then head outside and do some more shakin in the sun. I personally think shaking your hair around helps create knots. Movement is the key to locking.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

i understand the pressing for sure now. yeah i think shaking helps your hair find eachother at the roots and separate fromm their.

greenblayza
@greenblayza
13 years ago
17 posts

I was going to start another post with this question, but seeing as this one is the most recent I'll just ask it here to whoever is listening:

After I was with BS my hair looks very shiny all day long (mainly the top). People are talking about how they wash 1-3 times a week, but that seems impossible with mine because it looks oily and shiny. I have very oily hair anyways.

I use 1 tablespoon per 1 cup of water. I sometimes spray saltwater into my hair, but nothing religiously (no salt in my BS mix). But that's all I do, no ACV or anything because, from what I understand, that will only increase the "silky" "shiny" look

I'm noticing some white build up on my scalp which feels like baking soda. I mix up the BS so the water is completely clear in hot water before I use it (I usually let it sit for 20-30 minutes, but today I only let it sit for about 10). Then I wash it out (sometimes for 7-10 minutes) by just letting water run over it. I have very low pressure water so maybe it's not getting it all out??

Is there anything I can do? My hair just feels weighted down and looks shiny/oily..

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

I used Suave or Vo5 clarifying shampoo, Greenblayza. I diluted it 1/4 to 1/5 shampoo to 3/4 to 4/5 water and scrubbed my roots only, gently. I like the bs better, but that will alleviate your "gunk" xo

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form