Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have done everything 'wrong' and my dreads are awesome!

Leah
@leah
13 years ago
32 posts

I'm lovin this, thanks guys! lol. It's just hair, relax!

SE, what am I supposed to be diluting?My scalp is not dry thankyou very much!

updated by @leah: 07/23/15 05:14:02AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the wax removers dissolvit or gunkout they are the only ones strong enough to get that out and they will dry the hell out of your scalp if u dont dilute them

nothing else will get that out cause thats about the worse wax u could use

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Leah
@leah
13 years ago
32 posts

lol. yeah. calm down. That was over 5 years ago now. My dreads are fine, thanks for your concern.

Leah
@leah
13 years ago
32 posts

thanks. All I was saying was that I did all those things that people are chanting about and my dreads are fine. It's all over rated. Personally, I do nothing to my dreads now because I can! Ok that made no sence. haha.

Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts
I see it as probability. Doing the things that are discouraged to your locks does not mean that your going to mess up your locks 100% of the time it just means you are increasing your chances of getting unwanted results. Every method and products one can use has a success rate. Some increases your chance of success some lowers it. This site strongly encourages the methods and products that have a greater success rate. This site would lose its credibility if it didn't IMO.
Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts

thank you.

LauraAnn said:

Well put Jd!

Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts

Your dreads are lovely! I fall into the same camp as you - started with backcombing and wax and keep bands at the roots to keep them sectioned. I actually waxed until about a year ago and stopped because I got lazy! But they feel lovely, have never had gunk coming out of them and I wouldn't change anything about them!

Well said :)

Heidela
@heidela
13 years ago
27 posts
I can not imagine using wax on a journey to dreads..maybe because I am old enough to be patient...I am a professional who needs to have hair in order for work as well...The way your hair stands up....great pic but they do look stiffAnd yes to each his or her own...dreads always were in my opinion a journey of learning,freedom and letting go of control something it has taken most of my life to do... now I realize..for some it is a hair stylecertainly is your choice what you want to doYou are darling..remain happy then!I will say after visiting other boards I came here because of the fact this board leads towards the journey...not hairstyle...there are tons of folks out there looking for style
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts

You gotta move to the beat of your own drum. :0)

Leah
@leah
13 years ago
32 posts

um yes, because my hubby tied them in shit loads of knots. My hair is in no way stiff! Even if they were full of wax they would not stand up like that, they're far to heavy.

Just because my dreads were started differently to most, does not mean that they are not formedand I need to restart them.*shock horror* I'm not sure if people know this but hair grows! yes, it willNOTcontinue tocome out of your head with wax, crocheted or what ever else you've done it thepast. It'shair kiddo's, not the end of the world. :)

Heidela said:

The way your hair stands up....great pic but they do look stiff

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form