Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread tips keep coming loose

Carole Latimer
@carole-latimer
13 years ago
7 posts

I've had my dreads for about 4 weeks now and my biggest problem is that the ends keep coming loose. There was one I found yesterday that had come undone about five inches... I have very thick hair. Used the TNR method. Help please. Much appreciated.

Love <3

updated by @carole-latimer: 01/13/15 09:05:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its not a problem they are just weeks old

and u say "keep comming loose" not have copme loose meaning you keep tnr'ing them undoing progress

just leave em be

43 inches is totaly normal the 5 inch 1 is lil looser then normal so toss a bead on tat 1

other then that leave em alone wait for em to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
All of mine came loose, they are all dreading well now. I agree with SE, they dread great when left to knot up on their own, it just takes time. Loose tips make a good path for water to drip out of them after a wash too.
Jennifer Hardy
@jennifer-hardy
13 years ago
6 posts

I have baby dreads too and I have found that banding the ends of my dreads has been working. They all say it does take some time. I'm keeping that in mind during this process. It's hard but they will form in time. Don't give up so quickly. The outcome will be well worth the frustration.

Carole Latimer
@carole-latimer
13 years ago
7 posts

It's hard not to re-tnr the long loose ends but I'm trying to resist. Plus I have no money to buy beads so that doesn't help.

Thank you so much for all the advice and support!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form