Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

make em smell nice

Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

anybody have any recipies for sprays that will make my dreadies smell nice?

latley ive been making chamomile tea and putting it in a spray bottle, but the smell doesnt really stay in the hair, which i would like.

any ideas are welcome, but preferably the ones that fragrance the dreads for a good amount of time, verses around 3 minuets for my tea idea x)

updated by @johnny-barnas: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

esential oils

i dont do sprays just in the baking soda and an after rinsxe

i use tearee rosemary lavendewr pepermint lemon grass

lemongrass is the newsest additive and loving it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
i love jasmine and rosemary, I throw it in a small spritz bottle and it seems to last for a long time!
Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

ill definatly try out some essential oils

got a local organic market with every oil imaginable

do i mix the oils with water in a spray bottle? or just put the oil straight on my dreads or what?

Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
Shame you never got a response to this asI was wondering that myself. Oil floats on water so I would assume just oil but my baby dreads would likely slip out if I went slapping oils straight on them -scary :( j

Johnny Barnas said:

do i mix the oils with water in a spray bottle? or just put the oil straight on my dreads or what?

Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

well essential oils are incredibly concentrated so you definatly wont have to use much at all if it was just straight oil

but getting an even spread of the fragrance would be hard with just the oil

Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts
Yes, the oils do float in water! I try to break it up by stirring some before soaking my noggin and it seems to work just fine!
Oh, and if using it in a spray mix, shake the bottle really good then spritz!
Amy Lee said:
Shame you never got a response to this as
I was wondering that myself. Oil floats on water so I would assume just oil but my baby dreads would likely slip out if I went slapping oils straight on them -scary :( j

Johnny Barnas said:

Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
Patchouli, cedarwood, and all tree-resin oils will last a looong time smell-wise. Also, sandalwood, Valerian and spikenard (some really don't like the smell, though), myrrh, and ambergris and all "musky" scents. Honey/beeswax (scents, not the actual product!) are also long-lasting. Floral scents (like ylang ylang and geranium) and herbaceous scents (such as sage and rosemary) tend to fade quickly, especially if their main smell component is phenol, like peppermint, anise and clove.
Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

for the honey/beeswax scent what should i use?

im a huge fan of those scents
Clayton said:

Patchouli, cedarwood, and all tree-resin oils will last a looong time smell-wise. Also, sandalwood, Valerian and spikenard (some really don't like the smell, though), myrrh, and ambergris and all "musky" scents. Honey/beeswax (scents, not the actual product!) are also long-lasting. Floral scents (like ylang ylang and geranium) and herbaceous scents (such as sage and rosemary) tend to fade quickly, especially if their main smell component is phenol, like peppermint, anise and clove.
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
There are a few companies that make an essential oil, or "honey absolute." You have good taste, but I must say that you picked one of the more expensive oils out there! Lol! It ranges about 70USD for an ounce. It would go a long way, but I could understand if you don't want to pay that much. Still, it's a rare and interesting scent, and I couldn't count all of its benefits on two hands, if you know what I mean. Its generally used by aromatherapists and in hygiene products; about 1 drop per product, as it's very strong.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form