Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoos and Soaps ~ Maybe get a list started

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
well, it didn't go so well for me. i ended up with sticky, disgusting hair. i had to get back in the shower and wash my hair again. oh well, i guess i'll use it for something else.

Kristina P said:
I have tried the new Kiss My Face Peace soap and love it. it has similar ingredients to Dr. B's and lathers less than other shampoos, but smells good and cleans, doesn't leave a 'coating' on hair.

updated by @heather: 07/03/15 01:35:41AM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i can't use it in my hair either. i use it as a body soap though and its wonderful. no noticeable residue on my skin. totally addicted to the nag champa scented one.

shannan said:
so i was so excited to get my dread soap, and it smells soooo good. unfortunately it left my skin and hair very greasy like lanolin and I had to scrub it out.
Elise4
@elise4
13 years ago
8 posts
I have used Suave Naturals Coconut shampoo from the dollar store for 4 years and my hair does well with it. I will keep using it even thoughI am starting natural dreads now.My hairwill tangle just fine because I have quit using the condition that goes with this shampoo.
AlwaysByourself
@alwaysbyourself
13 years ago
17 posts
MMm, you can never go wrong with nag champa!

Shanxon Lemasters said:
Dr. B's teatree, BS/ACV with lavendar, jasmine, and either tea tree or peppermint oils, Maylee's nag champa and also got peppermint rosemary and a free oakwood/sandalwood that i have not tried yet but loove the nag champa!
HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
13 years ago
61 posts
This question is for those of you with hard water.... What shampoo works best for you?
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
lol! that should DEFINITELY be the question. i go back and forth between different shampoos. i haven't found the perfect one yet. what works pretty well for me at the moment is neutrogena anti-residue. i wish it didn't smell so bad though. i also like natures gate tea tree shampoo. it's really hard finding something that washes completely clean with hard water but these seem to do pretty well and don't leave my hair super soft.

HendrixMama said:
This question is for those of you with hard water.... What shampoo works best for you?
HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
13 years ago
61 posts
Thank you Heather! After trying a few different shampoos, I have come to the conclusion that I may have hard water. I am going to test it to find out for sure, but seems like that's my problem, cause I just can't seem to get my hair clean and my scalp feeling and looking ok. Will try the natures gate tea tree kind, I think I just saw that the other day at the store! If anyone else has any recommendations, I would love to hear em!PS Heather, I think your hair is looking great, I think I'm just a little behind you on the journey!

Heather said:
lol! that should DEFINITELY be the question. i go back and forth between different shampoos. i haven't found the perfect one yet. what works pretty well for me at the moment is neutrogena anti-residue. i wish it didn't smell so bad though. i also like natures gate tea tree shampoo. it's really hard finding something that washes completely clean with hard water but these seem to do pretty well and don't leave my hair super soft.

HendrixMama said:
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
thanks hendrixmama! i think it looks like crap right now. lol:) hopefully someday it will actually resemble dreadlocks.

HendrixMama said:
Thank you Heather! After trying a few different shampoos, I have come to the conclusion that I may have hard water. I am going to test it to find out for sure, but seems like that's my problem, cause I just can't seem to get my hair clean and my scalp feeling and looking ok. Will try the natures gate tea tree kind, I think I just saw that the other day at the store! If anyone else has any recommendations, I would love to hear em!

PS Heather, I think your hair is looking great, I think I'm just a little behind you on the journey!

Heather said:

HendrixMama said:
HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
13 years ago
61 posts
Oh No!! Your hair looks great! I think mine is a bit wild right now, but it seems like after every wash its a toss up on whether or not I will like what's happening on my head! lol! Eventually we will both have beautiful dreads!

Heather said:
thanks hendrixmama! i think it looks like crap right now. lol:) hopefully someday it will actually resemble dreadlocks.

HendrixMama said:
Thank you Heather! After trying a few different shampoos, I have come to the conclusion that I may have hard water. I am going to test it to find out for sure, but seems like that's my problem, cause I just can't seem to get my hair clean and my scalp feeling and looking ok. Will try the natures gate tea tree kind, I think I just saw that the other day at the store! If anyone else has any recommendations, I would love to hear em!

PS Heather, I think your hair is looking great, I think I'm just a little behind you on the journey!

Heather said:

HendrixMama said:
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
just wondering. does anyone use dish soap to clean their hair? i saw some natural ones at target today and they don't have any crap in them. i remember when i was a teenager we would use dawn on my hair when hair dye would come out too dark. i remember it stripping the color a bit and making my hair super clean.

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form